Field Service Engineer
Job TitleField Service Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to install and service the relevant modality/modalities to the required specification consistent with training and experience. You will be responsible for ensuring that all customers are fully satisfied with the customer service and technical attention received from Philips Healthcare.
You are responsible for;
- To undertake planned and corrective maintenance relative to training and experience.
- To install basic and mid-range systems as required, to agreed Philips Project deliverables of Cost, Quality and Time.
- To assist senior engineers on complex systems as requested.
- To understand and appreciate basic image quality and how it relates to diagnostic quality.
- To demonstrate effective customer handling skills, ensuring that the customer's expectations are met and that they are kept fully appraised of any follow up actions.
- To ensure all Company property including test equipment, tools and spare parts are handled and stored in a safe and careful manner and are used consistent with Company policy.
- To ensure all spare parts are returned appropriately in the agreed timescales.
- To ensure all administrative reporting requirements of a Field Service Engineer are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- To represent and promote the Company image and Philips Business Principles at all times to the customer.
- To regularly feedback leads and customer information to Customer Services and Sales.
- To work flexible hours to meet the varying requirements of the role, relative to training and experience.
- To be flexible in geographic location/other branches to meet the varying requirements of the role.
- To participate on a rotational basis on the Customer Centre Help Desk in Guildford as requested.
- To participate on a rotational basis on a Standby rota as requested.
- To be proactive in seeking development and on the job training opportunities with more experienced engineers.
You are a part of a team of 14 field service engineers. You will report into the Service Delivery Manager for Scotland & the North.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Leeds/Wakefield area.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
- Formal Electrical/ Electronic Engineer (minimum HNC) qualifications or equivalent knowledge of electronics gained in industry.
- Experience within armed forces engineering.
- Understanding of engineering theories and principles
- Initial training stage of particular modality
- Learning and developing technical and customer skills
- Learning and developing overall knowledge of the business
- Standard knowledge of modality (s)
- Ability to carry out standard repairs and maintenance to a specific modality
- Flexible in approach/working hours
- Ability to use interpersonal skills effectively with customers
In return, we offer you
We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV's as way of introduction.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top