Field Service Engineer Apprentice
Job TitleField Service Engineer Apprentice
The Field Service Engineering (FSE) apprenticeship scheme is strategically vital to the future success of our Customer Service & Equipment sales business in many ways. Most notably, it is extremely challenging to recruit individuals with the correct skillsets and work ethics from outside of the business, therefore by developing our own talent from within, we can produce a funnel of experienced and competent individuals with the correct attitude who can progress into field based technical roles as natural attrition takes place.
You will work with engineers to carry out corrective and preventative maintenance on healthcare diagnostic equipment and systems. You will also ensure our customers' future equipment investments are with Philips, through the delivery of best in class service levels. By doing this, you will be supporting our customers to improve the lives of 3 billion people by 2025 as well as developing your own skills to become a future leader in Healthcare.
You are a part of
A multi-modality team of Medical engineers working within the Imaging System sector. As a FSE Apprentice, your role underpins our technical future, you will be assisting Engineers, learning in real life situations and gaining life skills which will develop you towards a future in medical engineering. The team is close knit and thrives via a "First time Right" mentality and you will be a key member being in the unique position of working across multi-modalities and therefore being able to establish your value across the entire team.
We offer you
- The experience of working with and learning from a highly disciplined medical engineering team.
- The opportunity to gain a recognized qualification in engineering
- The opportunity to personally develop your skills and knowledge through assisted field exposure with a view to progressing into a permanent career in medical engineering.
- Strong communication and customer focus
- An ability to demonstrate logical thinking, a passion for fault finding and a natural aptitude towards working with mechanics and a desire to begin a career in a 'hands on' engineering role
- Problem solving and logical thinking
- An interest in either Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- A good communicator, confident speaker and team player
- An interest in IT, networking and system connectivity
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Willingness to learn and improve continuously
- 'Can do' attitude
- Team player
- Ability to take ownership where needed and show initiative in problem solving
- An ability to demonstrate logical thinking, a passion for fault finding and a natural aptitude towards working with mechanics and a desire to begin a career in an engineering role
- Education to GCSE standard, minimum of 5 GCSE including Maths, English and Physics Grades A-C or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 A levels, ideally in technical support and/or NVQ Level 2/3 Electrical Engineering qualification
- An interest in pursuing a career in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
In return, we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits package. Please visit
- https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-162187 for more details
- • After completing the 3 year apprenticeship scheme, suitability would be assessed for further study • Further to this, the longer term vision would be to further your career in Field Service Engineering at Philips
Things to consider
- Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
- This ideal location for this role would be Swindon, Gloucester, Taunton or Bath.
- Benefits: • As this is a field based role, candidates will need to be willing to travel to hospitals throughout the specific area, flexibility will be required in terms of work location • Any travel costs of which will be fully covered by Philips
- Candidates must have a full, clean driver's license due to the nature of the travel required.
- You will be fully supported by a Field Service Engineer at all times
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top