Field Service Engineer
Job TitleField Service Engineer
As a Philips Field Service Engineer you will play a lead role in supporting the technical needs of Philips MRI customers and customer service partners.
Working collaboratively with the wider organization to provide exceptional service to our customers, services include corrective & preventative maintenance, commissioning & installation of equipment and software & hardware upgrades to products within the Imaging Systems portfolio both on-site and remotely.
The MRI Field Service Engineer will operate at an advanced technical level to provide expert advice & solutions to our customers and colleagues. Your responsibilities will include;
Acting as point of technical escalation within your modality(s) for remote and field based engineers to reach timely resolution to customer issues
- Maintaining up to date, proficient knowledge, use of all customer services tools and applications
- Actively participate in an ongoing rotation with the Remote support team, providing customers with direct remote support.
- Take a lead role within the modalities trained to support the development of engineers, through collaboration and face to face coaching
- Carry out Corrective, Preventative, Installation and Field Change order activities on complex healthcare systems.
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware and software system failures using established procedures and information.
- Contribute towards technical knowledge sharing through ongoing collaboration with field and remote colleagues
- Determine most cost effective repair/solution to minimise customer downtime.
- Take a lead in managing and supporting technical escalations through to resolution ensuring all stakeholders are continually updated of progress according to the company process
- Maintain a high level of knowledge through continual training and development to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained
- Takes responsibility and ownership for self-development to ensure technical and behavioural skills meet our customer requirements
- Maintain a high level of administration compliance adhering to reporting and administration procedures in a timely and efficient manner to meet regulatory requirements
- Ensure all company property including test equipment, tools and spare parts are handled and stored in a safe and careful manner
You will report into the Service Delivery Manager for the South East, and work alongside a team of 20 engineers.
We are looking for
- Experienced logical problem solver with ability to work independently
- Experienced in servicing high-end technical equipment
- Degree in Electro-mechanical engineering
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Competent in IT/Network diagnosis/system connectivity/Remote service
- Comprehensive PC Skills
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive base salary plus a high performance related bonus.
- Access to private healthcare insurance
- Company car or car allowance
- Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
- Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
- Subsidised Café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing at the Guildford site
- Social Events – a dedicated Sports & Social committee with members in Guildford and Cambridge, promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly as we are not able to respond to you.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top