Field Service Engineer 2
Job TitleField Service Engineer 2
The Field Service Engineer 2 provides on-site, online and phone support within a Zone and nationwide, as required, to resolve complex technical problems and product issues for the Xper/Flex Cardio hemodynamic monitoring system. The specialist supports break/fix services, system upgrades, installations, new product introduction, and first of a kind installation activities.
The Field Service Engineer 2 is called upon after the first response Field Service Engineer has exhausted his / her immediate resources. The Service Engineer takes a leadership role in the completion of a satisfactory customer experience, both individually and through his/her support as a resource to the local team. They also work on areas improving customer satisfaction and company profitability by timely resolution of technical / product issues. The Field Service Engineer 2 escalates, owns and stays focused in driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and teams members, using highly effective communication skills to keep the customer and other functions of the support and problem resolution team informed.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER RELOCATION AND WOULD NEED TO SUPPORT CUSTOMERS SURROUNDING SAN FRANCISCO
- The specialist takes a leadership role in the repair / solution of technical / product problems.
- Responsible for ongoing status reporting to Service Management.
- Performs a wide variety of tasks, multi-tasking, and change focus quickly as demands change. Adapts to varying customer needs. Manages priorities effectively.
- As a company representative and an extension of management, acts as an advisor in response to customer inquiry and refers information to the appropriate person (applications, sales, etc.). Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company, products, and management decisions, etc., with the internal and external customer.
- May provide training and mentorship to new Field Service Engineers.
- Manages company assets effectively including parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, company vehicle, business expenditures, etc. per company policy or procedure. Supports the company in improving profit contribution by ensuring that cost effective solutions are utilized in solving technical / product issues. Ensures that only the part required to resolve issues is installed. Supports the company in reducing overtime while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Performs all administrative duties in a complete and timely manner per policies and procedures.
- Monitors receipt and implementation of all technical bulletins, change notices, etc.
- Serves on project assignments as a field expert contributing his / her knowledge to both resolution of problems or application of engineering / service memos as to changes in the product.
- Demonstrates and expert knowledge of invasive hemodynamic monitoring. Maintains a body of knowledge on technical advances of the Xper/Flex Cardio products and current industry trends. Provides training and technical assistance to other Field Service Engineers. As the modality expert, must be available for not only site visits, but as a consultant over the phone to any engineer requiring assistance. May take the lead on new product introductions and first of a kind installation of new equipment / complex field change orders.
- Responsible for resolution of complex technical problems within the hemodynamic monitoring system. The Specialist defines complex problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. He / she has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deals with numerous abstract and concrete variables.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge in the resolution of hardware / software platform problems and assists with application software related issues. Conducts system and performance reliability testing, as required.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education:
- BSEE / BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years servicing Philips equipment or 5+ years servicing competitors’ products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in resolving complex technical problems in designated modality.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications and programming.
- Proficient in Microsoft OS and database platforms.
- Proficient in Networking Technologies and troubleshooting methods.
- Proficient in alternative methods in call debrief.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and resolution of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Electromagnetic Field (EMF) issues found in the hospital environments.
- Proficient in the use of Patient Simulators and Electrical Safety test equipment.
- Knowledge of the Hemodynamic Monitoring waveforms and Vitals measured in the Catheterization (Cath)/Interventional Radiology (IR) Lab settings.
- Understanding of the Cath/IR Lab workflow to include Pre, Post and procedural activities.
- Understanding of medical grade video distribution system use in a Cath/IR Lab setting.
- Comprehensive understanding of system dataflow between Xper/Flex Cardio System servers, clients and infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively with employees at all levels / departments of the organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Be available 24 × 7 via phone or pager.
- Able to travel extensively, at least 70%, and must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record to travel to the customer site, zone office, or identified locations for meetings.
- Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily.
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs.)
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top