Field Service Engineer 1 - Patient Monitoring (New York, NY)
- Topeka, KS
Field Service Engineer 1 - Patient Monitoring (New York, NY)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Philips Connected Care - Monitoring & Analytics business as a Patient Monitoring Field Service Engineer (FSE) 1 within the New York City area. The Connected Care Team (CCT) serves the healthcare community through efficient management of capital medical equipment installations in various critical care and surgical areas. You will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Work to learn and establish rapport with customers.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to various levels of customers and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in the identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, and meeting commitments and arrival times. Begins to gain an understanding of the customer's business and competitive environment.
- Own the customer experience through the life cycle of customer systems from installation through end-of-support.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with the service portfolio.
- Adopt best practices.
- Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools).
- Actively participates as a member of the regional work team.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders (FCO), preventative maintenance (PM), installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Install, service, and test complex IT networks, following stringent real-time patient data requirements.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Assist in the service call process and progress to the ability to resolve customer issues independently; troubleshoot complex network issues to ensure acceptable Quality of Service.
- Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to successfully completing all related tasks independently; install complex, multi-phase systems composed of IT infrastructure and patient monitoring equipment in both clinical and non-clinical environments.
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of electronic, network, and mechanical problems with minimal assistance; provide technical review of system configurations to ensure viability of system performance.
- Utilize tools, support, resources, and escalation processes within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
- May be asked to perform service work remotely providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers and field partners in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
You are part of
The Philips Connected Care - Monitoring & Analytics organization. This division of Philips specializes in the installation and service of patient monitoring devices, networks, and telemetry systems. As hospital environments become more integrated, the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks, as well as consult with customers on high-end integrations.
You will benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and you will be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a "One Team" culture, you'll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience; BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and network troubleshooting experience is required.
- Microsoft and other certifications are desirable - Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), VMWare.
- Experience with medical devices such as patient monitoring, telemetry units, ventilators, and defibrillators highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanical devices, tools, and test equipment; possess demonstrated skills in using oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming, and systems functionality.
- Experience and knowledge of telecommunication systems required.
- Knowledge of Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) and networking required.
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance.
- Ability to display strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, self-discipline, and autonomy to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record that is compliant with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- The average driving time is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air and/or train may be required.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from a home office location.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment. Occasional use of vibrating tools.
- Frequently using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and medical test equipment; regularly speaking, hearing, and viewing computers.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 100 pounds, with assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
- Frequently standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and extending reach. Occasionally twisting and crawling.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties. Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to New York, NY.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top