Field Service Engineer
Job TitleField Service Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide nationwide on-site and phone support, to resolve complex technical problems and product issues with hemodynamic monitoring equipment and systems. You will perform new installations, break/fix services, new product introduction and first of a kind installations.
You are responsible for
- Provide superior customer skills and leadership in the completion of a satisfactory customer experience, both individually and through his/her support as a resource to the local team.
- Must be available for not only site visits but as a consultant over the phone to assist other team members, Customer Support, other service organizations within Philips and Sales.
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves the team processes and internal processes.
- Serves on project assignments as a field expert contributing his/her knowledge to both resolution of problems or application of engineering/service memos as to changes in the product.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of invasive hemodynamic monitoring while maintaining a body of knowledge on technical advances of the Xper/Flex Cardio product and current industry trends.
- Responsible for resolution of complex technical problems with a hemodynamic monitoring system, while defining complex problems, collecting data, establishing facts, interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions and drawing valid conclusions.
- Upon completion of system installation or repair, responsible for completing all Performance Assurance (PA) testing and reporting in accordance with the Philips procedures as set in the Philips Quality System.
- Traveling up to 75% by car and air, to customer sites.
You are a part of
The Healthcare Informatics (HI) Business Group and will report to the Customer Service Manager. The HI group provides affordable and integrated informatics solutions for health systems, by enabling intelligent decision-making and improving clinical pathways, leading to better clinical, operational and financial outcomes across the health continuum.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in electronics, two years of formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience or 5+ years servicing competitors' products with proficiency in resolving complex technical problems.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, signal processors and computer hardware, including applications and programming.
- Proficient in Networking Technologies, workstation client hardware/Operating System and troubleshooting methods.
- Proficient in the use of Patient Simulators and Electrical Safety test equipment.
- Understanding of medical grade video distribution system use in a Cath/IR Lab setting.
- Understanding and continued compliance with Hospital access credentialing.
- Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to work cohesively and effectively with employees at all levels/departments of the organizations
- Physical Requirements; this position requires the ability to move on a continuous basis in order to efficiently get to other work areas, frequent lifting up to 50 pounds, occasional lifting up to 100 pounds, ability to reach and ability to use fine manipulation skills.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to take a leadership role in the repair, solution of technical and product problems. As well, you will have the additional responsibility of instructing less skilled service engineers in repair and passing on any new information to Service Programs, when the opportunity for improvement of a process is recognized or developed.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top