Field Sales Representative - Dental Professional
Job TitleField Sales Representative - Dental Professional
Field Sales Representative, Dental Professional Channel
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work with our dynamic team, becoming a product expert and practice building consultant with the Philips Sonicare, Philips Zoom and Oral care portfolio link to Dental professionals within an assigned geographic territory. Through call route office visits, the FSR details the latest innovation of Philips product portfolio to key Dental Professional stakeholders including Specialists, Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants and Dental Team Members. By building strong strategic consultative sales partnerships, the FSR drives the # 1 Sonic Toothbrush Brand recommended by Dental Professionals status and solidifies the Zoom brand #1 patient-requested professional whitening system position. The FSR also consults our full line of Oral Care brands to build a healthy Oral Care plan for our Dental Practices.
You are responsible for:
Customer, Patient and Consumer Focus
- Serve as the key contact to the Dental Profession, with the main priority to drive Professional Product usage Recommendation, and Dispensation of Philips Sonicare, Philips Zoom and the Oral Hygiene portfolios.
- Gain mastery of Philips clinical product knowledge and the dental marketplace to be a trusted customer advisor while insuring brand integrity is met.
- Develop and execute territory business plan based on driving product usage, recommendation and sales results within existing, new, and Corporate accounts.
Bias For Action:
- Utilize CRM system, Sales Management Data, and Dashboard tools on a daily basis to track call activities and order entry
- Analyze all aspects of a situation to gain thorough insight to make decisions, solve problems and find solutions that translate into win-win opportunities which work best for internal stakeholders and our customers.
- Course-correct plans depending on market and sales conditions
Building Talent and Teams:
- Cultivate successful partnerships with internal sales and marketing teams to efficiently maximize territory coverage.
- Build Professional Educator and Industry Key Opinion Leader relationships to drive recommendations and sales to include participation in dental conventions, local dental/hygiene associations & study clubs and dental/ hygiene schools
- Serve as a resource for Philips Oral Healthcare, the Dental Professional Division, and the broader regional team.
- Develops and cultivates key Dental industry relationships to establish Sonicare & Zoom as the leading oral healthcare brands, enhancing Dental Professional endorsement ( MOR) and achieving long-term sales objectives
- Maintains a solid competency of the full Philips product portfolio and the selling process with an ability to transfer knowledge to new hires
- Identifies opportunities and resources to maximize what is needed to Win in the Dental Office
- Mentors field and inside territory sales partners providing frequent coaching and leadership in various aspects of their skill sets to meet collective sales goals
- Directs continuous improvement initiatives within key processes, including revenue forecasting, expense management, customer relationship management, competitive insight & sales coverage prioritization
- Partners with Sales Planning, Marketing, Professional Relations, Trade Show teams to identify all available resources as strategic and tactical business plans are developed
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
PERFORMANCE DRIVE: Must identify actions necessary to complete tasks, meet/exceed results, remain focused, and drive effective planning and execution. FSR's must have winning mindset to stay on point to meet goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances. They must respond well to coaching and feedback.
TEAM COMMITMENT: Must be highly influential among dental professional partners and territory field/inside support team members. FRS's must be able to work effectively in a highly collaborative manner. They must be team players in sharing all challenges, opportunities, and successes through a strong supportive role.
LEADERSHIP: Must possess strong leadership qualities externally with a positive attitude at a high energy level with a growth mentality. Must prioritize and pursue territory objectives in an organized, efficient manner, using milestones to gauge results. Must maintain/exceed required level of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) activity toward achieving goals and is highly motivated without direct daily supervision requirement.
COMMUNICATION: Must initiate and develop business relationships among diverse backgrounds, multiple management levels, and customer titles, with positivity and ease. Must consistently communicates, both written and verbally, with clarity and thoughtfulness, easily making connections amongst previously unrelated positions.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Analyzes all aspects of a situation to gain thorough insight to make decisions, solve problems and find solutions that translate into win-win opportunities which work best for internal stakeholders and our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- 4-year college Bachelor's Degree/or Associates Degree in Dental Hygiene
- 1 year + of experience working in a business setting
- Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and processes
- Computer proficiency in CRM systems, MS Office (ppt, excel, word, Outlook) and iPad applications
- Must be willing to relocate to live in territory
- Ability to travel ~ 20%
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Philips Electronics Ltd is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications form people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top