External Innovation Manager (Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions)
Job TitleExternal Innovation Manager (Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage strategic partnerships, e.g. clinical sites or strategic alliances, with complex R&D and Product Management programs to ensure alignment of product and commercial requirements from our customers' perspective (outside-in).
Develop a short and long-term clinical marketing strategy, aligning R&D roadmaps and marketing plans to deliver a truly differentiated offering to assigned market(s).
Provide ongoing support and actionable feedback to internal stakeholders (Product Management, Clinical Affairs, R&D, Research etc.) to continuously enhance market adoption and new offerings.
You are responsible for
External Innovation Managers are a critical part of the product marketing team. Their goal is to coordinate innovation efforts across the Business Unit with external strategic partners, and ensure the global launch and adoption of new product initiatives. While spending 50% of their time externally focused, they internally enable project teams to align with the requirements of the clinician and end-user, driving clinically differentiated innovations.
You are a part of
Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions – this role reports to the Director of Clinical Marketing
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 10 years of relevant R&D and clinical marketing experience; with a minimum of 3 years in clinical R&D or advanced development, and a minimum of 3 years in clinical research project management
- Advanced degree in biomedical engineering, physics, computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is required
- Affinity for identifying clinical unmet needs and driving integrated medical product offerings for new healthcare delivery solutions
- Deep clinical and technical knowledge of monitoring and clinical decision support market segments and products, including healthcare IT and data management technologies.
- Understanding of design and co-creation methodologies and affinity for forming cross-functional technical and business collaborations.
- Understanding of health economics and outcomes research studies, such as comparative effectiveness studies, cost-effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence an organization (especially non direct reports) to develop solutions with validated value propositions
- Willingness to travel (30%), including internationally
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top