Experienced Data Scientist & Modeler, location Amsterdam or Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Job TitleExperienced Data Scientist & Modeler, location Amsterdam or Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Are you changing the world? We are.
At Philips, our truly international and talented Data Analytics team for Connected Digital Platforms and Propositions organization (CDP2) is revolutionizing the future of healthcare by developing connected solutions having a positive impact on people’s health and lives.
If you are an experienced data scientist & modeler looking for the next impactful step in your career, Philips might have the opportunity you are looking for!
In this role, you will be the linking pin between the Connected Digital Platforms and Propositions organization (CDP2) and the Philips business teams responsible for marketing the connected product propositions. In more detail, you will:
- Use relevant data analysis techniques to create actionable insights;
- Enhance existing and create new models integrating unstructured text, semi structured device and / or app data;
- In a later stage, this integration would be extended to other forms of unstructured data (e.g. voice data, images and videos);
- Introduce and apply best practices for data validation and refinement;
- Develop and apply algorithms to create descriptive and predictive models supporting the strategic decision making process;
- Assess and improve model performance and evaluate whether business objectives have been met;
- Work in cross functional teams by scoping business challenges, gathering information and providing direction to (junior) data scientists, data engineers and business analysts;
- Coaching and guiding more junior data scientist in the team.
The CDP2 Analytics team is a key department of Connected Digital Platforms and Propositions team residing in the newly created business group “Population Health Management” and – amongst other – responsible for defining the IoT data strategy of the Philip’s health continuum. As an experienced Data Scientist & Modeler, you will report into the Head of Analytics and interact with various internal stakeholders of the different Philips Business Groups.
We are looking for
Our ideal candidate does have:
- A Master or PhD degree in Computer science – with specialization in a relevant field such as Probability, Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining or Artificial intelligence;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a comparable role (for candidates having a PhD this would be 2+ years);
- High proficiency in at least one of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modeling/inference, information retrieval, data mining, NLP, Deep Learning, text analysis;
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving abilities;
- A proven track record in translating models into actionable insights and coming up with answers to complex real world problems;
- Proficiency with data analysis software platforms (preferably R or python) and in Big Data Technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Any NoSQL);
- Attitude to work in a fast paced and continuously changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: clearly articulate an actionable story using the data;
- Exposure to Medical Domain would be preferred.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary package + sponsoring of eventual relocation
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year and the option to purchase up to 20 extra days annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips’ results and personal performance
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- A solid company pension scheme and an attractive health insurance package
- The opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- A healthy work-life balance
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 209470. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for (face-to-face) recruitment- and business interviews.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top