Executive Search Consultant
Job TitleExecutive Search Consultant
Job DescriptionIn this role you have the opportunity to
As member of the Executive Recruiting team, you have the opportunity to enable Philips successful achievement of its mission to improve 3 billion lives a year by 2025, by identifying, influencing and winning the best and the brightest executive talent that our business needs today and in the future.
You are responsible for
In this role, you will be responsible for attracting, assessing and acquiring exceptional & diverse executive level talents across the Philips enterprise.
You will focus on working with internal clients and human resource business partners to define executive hiring needs as well as develop and implement cost effective, results oriented recruitment strategies that yield excellent hires throughout the corporation. As such, you will drive all search activities i.e., determine sourcing methodologies & tools, proactive recruiting, selection and management of search firms (when applicable), assessment of external candidates, reporting, structure of interviews and ensuring a correct diversity focus is maintained.
In more detail, you will:
- Support and manage 7-10 executive recruiting projects (external & internal) on average;
- Conduct executive level recruiting globally;
- Manage other professional resources including an executive recruiter and a search coordinator;
- Creatively and proactively recruit, assess and present high quality executive candidates;
- Develop appropriate and consistent communications with internal clients and senior human resource partners to ensure a positive client and candidate experience;
- Provide strategic direction and counsel to hiring executives and senior human resources managers regarding recruiting trends, concerns and possibilities for opportunistic hiring;
- Participate in the continuous building and update of an executive database (Avature) with a viable network including talented professionals (potential candidates) and with a focus on "best in class" talent in Philips direct competitors as well as "best in class" companies;
- Ensure the presentation of high quality executive candidates in accordance with diversity and regulatory goals and objectives for both internal and external searches;
- Manage and conduct thorough reference and background checks on final candidates;
- Effectively utilize comprehensive knowledge of company benefits, general compensation strategies, affirmative action program awareness and recruiting sales techniques;
- Partner with the rewards partner to negotiate complex executive offer packages that will typically include base, bonus, long-term incentive compensation and other executive benefits.
You are a part of
In 2013, Philips established a global in-house executive search services team which conducts external recruiting on behalf of all business sector and functions around the world. Reporting to the Head of Global Executive Search Services (who is also located in Amsterdam), this position will be responsible for attracting, assessing and acquiring exceptional & diverse executive level talent across the Philips enterprise.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred;
- At least 7 years of executive level recruiting within a retained external search firm, and/or a corporate executive recruiting function within a multi-billion dollar/euro global corporation;
- Strong client facing capabilities- personable with consultative sales and persuasion skills for reasoning and negotiations;
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong project management skills- capable of developing & executing upon thoughtful project/recruiting strategies and then methodically working those projects to a successful completion;
- Experience with behavioral based interviewing techniques;
- Able to make quick decisions in a fast paced environment;
- Fully knowledgeable of executive recruiting techniques, recruitment plan development, sourcing methods (executive referrals, research, direct sourcing, internet search, executive search firms, etc.), vendor relationship management, executive compensation strategies, external community and agency relationship management;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products and especially with LinkedIn;
- Experience with Avature is preferred.
In return we offer you
- A competitive salary package incl. a variable bonus - based on Philips' results and personal performance;
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- A healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top