Executive Assistant Strategy
Job TitleExecutive Assistant Strategy
As the Executive Assistant you will be instrumental in making sure the Strategy team works at its best. You will be working for the Head of Strategy and his management team where substantial interests are at stake, the effects of which affect the entire Philips company or a large proportion of it. Therefore, the job demands knowledge, experience and understanding of the organization, the different interests at play and the many business processes and disciplines that are managed by the Head of Strategy.
You will make a difference by helping his team to stay connected and operate efficiently in this fast-paced environment. Structuring communication flow and ensuring that critical information is available, organizing events and meetings, receiving visitors, managing internal projects and assisting the Head of Strategy and his management team with their day to day challenges is something you will be working on. In addition, in this category of jobs the Executive Assistant has to make decisions without consulting others and is held responsible for these decisions afterwards.
This job requires full-time commitment as well readiness for fast-responsiveness beyond standard working scheme, if required. A further aspect is the need to be able to think ahead and to take action in such a way as to enable decision-making processes and priorities, for example, to be controlled more effectively by the Executive. Because the Executive holds a higher position in the organization, the consequences of the Executive Assistant’s decisions and actions as part of the normal course of the job are substantial.
As an Executive Assistant you will be responsible for the following:
- Set-up and manage the communication flow for the Head of Strategy and his management team
- Perform, entirely independently and pro-actively, the full range of secretarial tasks (screen incoming and outgoing mail of the Head of Strategy, calendar management, plan meetings, video/conferences, travel arrangements and related expenses etc. by using several tools i.e. MS Office, SRM, SAP etc.)
- Structure and enable access to essential information for targeted employees by using a portfolio of modern communication / data sharing technologies (i.e. SharePoint, Lync, OneDrive etc.)
- Deal with sensitive, complex and highly confidential information
- Support people to deliver commitments
- Share knowledge; continuous focus on improvements in purpose of tools, processes and approaches with others; remain knowledgeable of corporate policies
- Actively support organizational changes, development and internal projects
Since you will be working in a team, you will act as a back-up of other assistants in their absence.
You will be a part of Strategy team, reporting to the Head of Strategy with his management team and Executive Committee members and their assistants, being your major stakeholders. At the same time, you will belong to the group of superior professionals, working as Executive Assistants in Philips. The job is located in Amsterdam with some flexibility regarding physical working place available (periodical work from home is possible). You will fit well into our team, if you share the same core values like we do: can-do-mentality, readiness to go an extra mile, open communication and relaying on each other. We like what we are doing with a pinch of fun added to it.
We offer you an exciting role with unlimited possibility for professional growth in our fast developing business. Your contribution will help bringing life-saving technologies to more people in the World. The compensation package is attractive including choice-based benefits.
We are looking for
- More than 15 years’ experience in an executive assistant role, preferably in a dynamic and international environment is a big plus.
- A bachelor degree or at least the ability to work on and the experience in working at this level.
- Proficiency in English and Dutch.
- Willingness to work full-time and beyond regular working hours.
- Solution orientated, mature and enthusiastic person who holds others accountable for performance, feels at ease in an international environment and knows how to set priorities under high pressure and keep a clear view.
- Pro-active problem preventer who takes initiative and makes independent decisions.
- Someone who can manage one or more fellow, junior assistants in Strategy department
- A creative person, capable of generating fresh ideas in the interest of finding new possibilities.
In case you have any questions please feel free to contact Linda Hoekstra-Baanstra via [email protected]
If you are interested, we kindly ask you to submit your application (only via the website). After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a further phone call screening by the Talent Acquisition Consultant. If positive, you will be invited for (face-to-face) business interviews. The interviews will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The screening will take place after the closing date.
Please note that the closing date of this vacancy is December 16th, 2016
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top