Engineer, Supplier Quality
Job TitleEngineer, Supplier Quality
The role of SDE/ NPI engineer is crucial for new projects within the Oral Health Care business. The purpose of having such a role in the organization is to adequately and timely assess the manufacturability of finished goods. The SDE/ NPI engineer will play the early interface between Innovation and Development, Finished goods configuration and the Supply Chain. The SDE/ NPI engineer will work closely with our supplier all over the world to establish a robust finished goods configuration process
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assess the manufacturability FG configuration
- Coordinate early supply involvement into project with support of the procurement organization.
- He provides expertize of tooling and other equipment concept design during initial stage of the
project, participates on part and tool design review to provide expertize leading to optimal technical solution delivering process to expected costs and quality.
- In later stage of projects, he applies his technical knowledge to assure lean production
- asset management assuring sustaining production capacity
- Ensure supplier understands product specifications and requirements
- Drives the development of manufacturing flow diagram
- Drives material selection for all components.
- Drive pFMES process for manufacturing process
- Suggest design improvement to enable robust manufacturing
- Participates in supplier selection activities
- Leads teams to implement component/subassembly/changes/improvements
- Ensure changed component/subassembly documentation set is transferred to supplier.
- Ensure supplier understands changes to component/subassembly specifications and requirements.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 8-Year degree or equivalent
- 5 years industry experience in manufacturing, working with finished goods process improvement
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top