Engineer Procurement - Electro-mechanical
Job TitleEngineer Procurement - Electro-mechanical
In this role you have opportunity to
- Ensures that optimized TCO (cost, quality, availability) are assured in product
and business creation and through their full life cycle, utilizing DFX.
- PE drives the sourcing plan, leading supplier selection and ensuring adherence
to the Business Procurement strategy
- Drives early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence
design decision making and achieve target costing.
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality in the new supplier/component release
process, including compliance and sustainability aspects
- Support price negotiations with opportunities to drive short and long term
cost reduction improvement
- Be a procurement professional providing AOP savings through cost down projects and new product introduction projects
- Considered to be a key partner in significant product cost reduction activities, in early phase innovation or in the manufacturing phase
- Contributes to developing the cost engineering function
- Participates in multi-disciplinary project teams and contributes to developing cost engineering processes
- Team member, typically reporting to the Site or Category Procurement Engineering Business Partner
- Based on supply value of > € 10 M.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or comparable diploma in Mechanical, Engineering
- Experience in a high and/or low volume assembly-type industry in supply chain related functions or related financial controlling functions
- Understanding the principles of Executing Cost Down projects and new product introduction Projects
- Understanding the principles of ValueEngineering (L1)
- Understanding the principles of the materials / goods flow
- Is an expert user of the entire costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO etc.) in large projects
- Deep knowledge of the long term structural cost drivers for the assigned product
- Able to read and understand blue prints and other engineering documentation Is able to lead cost down projects and participates in new product introduction projects
- Is able to lead project based Cost Engineering activities, manage reporting of results within the project teams
- Stimulates significant impact on the cost price of a product and supports total cost improvement discussions
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top