Embedded Systems Test Engineer
Job TitleEmbedded Systems Test Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives. Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach his or her own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
You are responsible for
Philips Oral HealthCare I&D (Innovation and Development) Product Development Embedded Systems Team is seeking an embedded engineer with experience in the wireless domains. The embedded systems team consists of electrical and software engineers and is responsible mainly for the electronics/SW/FW in our device and app products. We support the development of new technologies for Innovation and Development and provide input into the User Interface with other groups in the company as well. Through your expertise, you will help decrease the time to market and improve the quality of the embedded team's contribution to the Innovation-to-Market process.
As an embedded test engineer, you will focus primarily on ensuring the hardware and software/firmware quality of our embedded systems.
- Ensuring the quality of embedded firmware and hardware
- Implementing the necessary tools and test plans for conducting firmware/software testing and hardware design verification
- Generating test cases/scripts for both hardware design verification and firmware testing
- Working closely with firmware, hardware and requirements engineers to ensure optimal test coverage
- Working closely with test technicians executing test cases to ensure they have the corrects tools and understanding of the test cases
- Helping to developing new processes and tools to speed the testing process (e.g. automated testing)
- Writing production functional test specifications for both subassemblies and final assembly
- Participating in root cause analysis to enhance the on-going quality of products
- Actively participating in multidisciplinary project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative and best-in-class designs
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineer or equivalent
- 2+ years electronics design/development utilizing microcontrollers
- 2+ years firmware design/development
- 3+ years test experience (hardware design verification, embedded firmware test and production electrical test)
- Automated test experience utilizing Behavior Driven Test Development with Spec Flow and C# or similar
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g. scopes, data acquisition systems, communication analyzer, spectrum analyzer, etc)
- Desired Skills/Experience
- NI/LabView experience
- RF testing experience (BLE, WiFi, NFC), both for SIG compliance and production test
- IMU test experience
- Regulatory/safety knowledge (CEC, DOE, CE, UL, CEA, etc.)
In return, we offer you
Ability to work in innovation and development of new oral health care products.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top