Embedded Systems Test Engineer
Job TitleEmbedded Systems Test Engineer
Embedded Systems test engineer
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives. Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
Philips Oral HealthCare I&D Product Development Embedded Systems Team is seeking an embedded engineer with experience in the wireless domains. The embedded systems team is made up of electrical and software engineers and is responsible mainly for the electronics/SW/FW in our device and app products. We support the development of new technologies for I&D and provide input into the User Interface with other groups in the company as well. Through your expertise you will be expected to help decrease the time to market and improve the quality of the embedded team’s contribution to the Innovation-to-Market process.
As an embedded test engineer, you will focus primarily on ensuring the hardware and software/firmware quality of our embedded systems. Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the quality of embedded firmware and hardware
- Implementing the necessary tools and test plans for conducting firmware/software testing and hardware design verification
- Generating test cases/scripts for both hardware design verification and firmware testing
- Working closely with firmware, hardware and requirements engineers to ensure optimal test coverage
- Working closely with test technicians executing test cases to ensure they have the corrects tools and understanding of the test cases
- Helping to developing new processes and tools to speed the testing process (e.g. automated testing)
- Writing production functional test specifications for both subassemblies and final assembly
- Participating in root cause analysis to enhance the on-going quality of products
- Actively participating in multidisciplinary project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative and best-in-class designs
- B.S. in Electrical Engineer
- 2+ years electronics design/development utilizing microcontrollers
- 2+ years firmware design/development
- 3+ years test experience (hardware design verification, embedded firmware test and production electrical test)
- Automated test experience utilizing Behavior Driven Test Development with Spec Flow and C# or similar
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g. scopes, data acquisition systems, communication analyzer, spectrum analyzer, etc)
- NI/LabView experience
- RF testing experience (BLE, WiFi, NFC), both for SIG compliance and production test
- IMU test experience
- Regulatory/safety knowledge (CEC, DOE, CE, UL, CEA, etc.)
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top