Embedded Software Engineer
- Bothell, WA
Embedded Software Engineer
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
Philips Oral HealthCare I&D Product Development Embedded Firmware Team is seeking an embedded engineer with experience in the wireless domains. The embedded systems team is made up of electrical and software engineers and is responsible mainly for the electronics/SW/FW in our products. We support the development of new technologies for I&D and provide input into the User Interface with other groups in the company as well. Through your expertise, you will be expected to help decrease the time to market and improve the quality of the embedded team's contribution to the Innovation-to-Market process.
As an Embedded Firmware Engineer III for high-volume consumer medical devices, you should be capable of architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high-quality embedded firmware/software/electronics on multiple platforms across multiple product ranges.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Embedded software development on 8-bit micro-controllers and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Document, manage, and help to define/obtain/refine requirements, design docs, design reviews, and verification procedures,
- Help establish consistent ways of working with respect to embedded system electronics/software/firmware
- Be able to write concise, readable, easily maintainable code
- Be able to develop new application technologies from existing ICs
- Understand the difference between niche and mass manufacturing mindsets
- Able to write and maintain unit tests for code you have written
- Be able to advise roadmap choices and support management decisions on choices
- Be able to guide more junior members in all the above activities
- BS or MS degree in, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development in a professional organization, ideally in the Medical Device industry.
- Experience in defining, designing, documenting, testing, and implementing embedded firmware for 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers using C language
- Hands-on knowledge of small micro-controllers and analog interfaces is expected.
- Able to use tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE's and emulators for debugging and test
- Candidates should have demonstrated technical leadership skills in a multi-discipline engineering project environment.
- Understanding of board and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review analog and digital circuit schematics.
- Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc.
This is nice to have:
- Experience in a regulated industry (FDA strongly preferred).
- Experience with C# for PC applications
- Experience with scripting languages like Python for rapid prototyping, data analysis, and testing
- Experience in hardware design and debug
- Experience with source control tools such as git
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Bothell, WA.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Back to top