Embedded Software Designer
Job TitleEmbedded Software Designer
Job DescriptionYour challenge
Do you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter? Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
Within the Software group as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Software Designer who will work in a team to developing the embedded application software for current and future connected Philips products.
As a Software Designer you are responsible for:
- Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create;
- The design, realization, integration, and test of embedded systems or subsystems;
- Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you;
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget;
- Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader;
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software;
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system;
- Contributing to improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and future-oriented studies;
- Providing technical guidance to the more junior staff members.
Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving Philips’ ambitions with digital connected products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from the Electronics department as well as other Software departments across Philips, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn Philips into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
Depending on experience, a competitive salary, including personal benefits package of 24,57%
25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in SW Engineering, Electronics, Informatics, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development;
- Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum;
- Experience with C and C++ programming language;
- Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design;
- Experience with WiFi and/or BTLE protocol, WiFi certification knowledge (pre);
- You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment;
- Strong technical skills in Embedded SW development.
This role will appeal to you if you:
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
- Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 222699.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top