Embedded Engineer (Xilinx/Vivado experience)
Embedded Engineer (Xilinx/Vivado experience)
Your role will be as an FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) Embedded Engineer - Embedded FPGA SoC lead responsible for mixed-signal devices for use in the medical industry for a Research Development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following :
- Provide critical technical expertise during all stages of product development.
- Design, develop, test and debug FPGA code supporting battery powered digital and RF systems, sensors and digital interfaces.
- Develop performance, power and thermal models to perform in-depth analysis of the proposed architecture and algorithms for efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Support FPGA software standards for the wireless communication.
- Generate FPGA requirements and translate them into product specifications.
- Assess & integrate third-party developed IP and hardware
Requirements include :
- BSEE/BSCE and at least 5 years of experience or MSEE/MSCE/ Ph.D. and 3+ years of industry experience required.
- At least 3 years FPGA experience shipping a product, in Vivado + Revision Control, SysGen or C experience generating bit files, synthesis.
- Able to get FPGA design pushed into FPGA.
- Familiar with Xilinx tooling and MPSoC. RFSoC highly preferred.
- At least 3 years of embedded FPGA development experience with commercial deployed products, preferably on mobile devices.
- Deep understanding of FPGA software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Knowledge of different computing architectures, i.e., ARM, x86 and the different flavors of SoC.
- Fundamental facility with C and C++ coding, setup compilers, build and source code control tools for different operating systems.
- Significant experience with Xilinx SOCs,Vivado tool chain including IP Integrator, Sysgen, PYNQ and model_composer.
- Experience with prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets using an oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and JTAG.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces.
- Sound knowledge of any hardware description language (HDL).
- Significant experience developing IP blocks using C++
- Strong engineering documentation and writing skills
- Expected to provide accurate forecasts of work effort and to communicate implementation risks and design trade-offs to peers and team members.
- Work with a team on engineers for delivering multi-part product capabilities
- Position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and a team-oriented approach.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in developing Xilinx IP blocks using C++ and System Generator for DSP (SysGen).
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of scripting languages ( Python).
- System-on-chip (SoC) experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with embedded processor cores
- Working knowledge of hardware technology, including RF/Microwave, High-speed digital, communication systems, memory, or mixed-signal.
- Experience with wireless communication principles and protocols: 3GPP, 802.11 or Bluetooth a plus.
- Experience with security and safety protocols would be regarded as an advantage
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile Software Development methodologies is a plus.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top