Job TitleEmbedded Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives. Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach his or her own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
You are responsible for
As an Embedded Systems Engineer for high-volume consumer medical devices, you should be capable of participating in architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high quality embedded firmware/software/electronics on multiple platforms across multiple product ranges. This includes but is not limited to:
- Embedded software development in the C and assembly programming languages on 8-bit micro-controllers up to 32 bit microcontrollers.
- Document, manage, and help to define/obtain/refine requirements, design docs, design reviews and verification procedures,
- Help establish consistent ways of working with respect to embedded system electronics/software/firmware
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded software development in a professional organization, ideally in the Medical Device industry.
- Experience in defining, designing, documenting, testing and implementing embedded firmware for 8-bit up to 32-bit microcontrollers using C and assembly language (including integration with target hardware) in a regulated industry (FDA strongly preferred).
- Hands-on knowledge of small micro-controllers, and analog interfaces is expected.
- Able to use tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE's and emulators for debug and test
- Understanding of board and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review analog and digital circuit schematics.
- Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc.
In return, we offer you
Ability to work in innovation and development of new oral health care products.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top