Job TitleEmbedded Engineer
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives. Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
Philips Oral HealthCare Embedded Systems Team is seeking embedded engineers with some experience. Experience in the wireless domains is desired but not required. However, a desire to learn is required. The embedded systems team is made up of electrical, firmware, and software engineers. This team is responsible mainly for the electronics/SW/FW in our products and mobile apps. We support the development of new technologies and provide input into the User Interface and other groups in the company as well. Through your expertise, you will be contributing in the areas of decreasing the time to market and improve the quality of the embedded team’s contribution to the Innovation-to-Market process.
As an Embedded Systems Engineer for high-volume consumer medical devices, you should be capable of participating in architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high quality embedded firmware/software/electronics on multiple platforms across multiple product ranges. This includes but is not limited to:
- Embedded software development in the C and assembly programming languages on 8-bit micro-controllers up to 32 bit microcontrollers.
- Document, manage, and help to define/obtain/refine requirements, design docs, design reviews and verification procedures,
- Help establish consistent ways of working with respect to embedded system electronics/software/firmware
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software development in a professional organization, ideally in the Medical Device industry.
- Experience in defining, designing, documenting, testing and implementing embedded firmware for 8-bit up to 32-bit microcontrollers using C and assembly language (including integration with target hardware) in a regulated industry (FDA strongly preferred).
- Hands-on knowledge of small micro-controllers, and analog interfaces is expected.
- Able to use tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE’s and emulators for debug and test
- Understanding of board and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review analog and digital circuit schematics.
- Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top