Electronic Technician – Medical Product Safety Group
Job TitleElectronic Technician – Medical Product Safety Group
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The product safety team plays very important roles in ensuring products designed by Philips are of the highest quality and comply with national and international standards requirements. .
You are responsible for
- Perform product safety testing on various product lines.
- Execute tests under the direction of product safety engineers and write formal test reports.
- Facilitate and maintain constant communications with project engineers/ manager.
- Perform Verification and Validation tests for new designs.
- Support the product safety groups ISO 17025 quality management system.
- Lead/ support department development projects to improve productivity (e.g. New equipment, better tools, etc)
- Help manage the groups test equipment and test equipment calibration
- Help maintain the laboratory organization and work flow processing of test samples and test supplies
You are a part of
This is a key and critical role within the Andover Standards and Reliability Center Group at Philips Healthcare in Andover, MA. This is an opportunity to be part of an experienced, winning team that performs product safety testing for all medical product lines within Philips Andover.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- ASEE (or ASET) with 5+ years' experience in electrical engineering/ product compliance testing.
- Experienced with product safety standards requirements, preferably for medical devices.
- Solid fundamentals in electrical engineering circuit concepts and electrical test equipment.
- Highly passionate and positive infectious attitude who strives for high performance, product quality, and with attention to details.
- The ability to work well in a team and possessing the skills and the ability to work independently to get things done efficiently and timely.
- Demonstrated competence in methodical and effective troubleshooting. Excellent problem solving skills (root cause analysis).
- Strong detailed focused and ability to write thorough, accurate documentation of test results, test procedures, test forms and quality management system records.
- Solid experience working in an FDA regulated environment according to OSHA and site EHS rules and knowledge in the requirements of IEC/ISO 60601/80601 standards series for medical devices is preferred.
- Proficient in standard office computer tools: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top