We are looking for a strong Electrical Engineer to help us create our next generation of products.
- Generate and document world class, innovative designs. This includes circuit design, schematic capture and creating specifications.
- Provide technical leadership in problem solving and electrical hardware design activities.
- Help define electrical architecture for current and advanced development projects.
- Assist in managing projects by developing schedules and documentation.
- Define test criteria and assist with the creation of test plans.
- Document work through written and verbal status reports.
The Electrical Engineer will be working in our MR Patient Care group within the Medical Consumables and Sensors (MCS) Business Innovation Unit (BIU). This position is located at our Orlando, FL facility. As part of the MR Patient Care group you will have the opportunity to work with world class engineers who develop products that help save lives all over the world.
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- 3+ years of strong, technical experience
- BS in engineering required, MS in engineering is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in analog, digital circuit and microcontroller based designs
- Experience with design and test for EMC
- Proven ability with board bring up and troubleshooting activities
- Experience with medical devices is preferred
- Experience with Labview and automated testing is preferred
- Experience with DOE, DfX and FMEAs is preferred
- MRI related experience is preferred
- Continual improvement focused, self-directed and creative
- Microsoft project and DOORS experience preferred
- Travel is 5-10%
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle - patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top