Electrical Development Engineer
Electrical Development Engineer
Full Time - Electrical Engineer - Bothell - Summer 2018
Are you interested in a Full Time opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who have recently completed or are currently pursuing an undergraduate (BS) or graduate (MS) degree to apply to our Electrical Engineering opportunity. As an Electrical Engineer at Philips you will have the opportunity to create a meaningful impact on your career by enhancing the skills within your field, while developing break-through solutions that will create a meaningful impact on the lives of others.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Design new circuitry for next generation and existing designs of sophisticated defibrillation medical equipment. Your design work will include embedded systems, digital and analog circuitry, power supplies and connectivity interfaces. You will support the assurance of supply of our products by resolving component obsolescence issues. You will drive the quality and performance of our products by identifying opportunities for improvement from field, supplier and manufacturing data. You will support the manufacturing engineering team in troubleshooting and resolving issues discovered during production. You are responsible for all aspects of design documentation including requirements specification, engineering analysis, schematic capture, test plans/procedures, design verification, the release of circuit boards and products to production, and production start-up support.
You are responsible for
• Create robust, reliable electrical board/system designs for defibrillation therapy equipment with complex electro-mechanical, user interface, patient-response control, fault tolerance and regulatory requirements.
• Develop and document designs in compliance with Quality System requirements.
• Integrate new technology, techniques, and concepts to enhance functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce production costs.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering and contract manufacturers to plan and execute Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability activities
You are a part of
Philips ECR (Emergency Care and Resuscitation) has a broad product portfolio of advanced life support solutions, automated external defibrillators, and data management solutions. Philips ECR produces:
• Hospital transport monitors and defibrillators
• AED devices for emergency responders such as fire fighter's & police officers
• Home and Office use AEDs
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Can coordinate with multiple team members and has great communication skills.
• Able to use tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE's and emulators for debug and test
• Basic soldering and lab skills
• Analysis of circuits using SPICE simulations.
• Experience with Matlab for performance analysis.
• Understanding of broad and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review data sheets and design specifications
BEHAVIORS: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• The ability to efficiently analyze and resolve complex technical issues and evaluate tradeoffs to resolve technical problems and achieve overall project objectives
• Strong technical competency
• The ability to meet project commitments (schedule, cost, and project goals)
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Ability to work independently
• A history of robust, reliable and innovative designs
• A history of cooperation and technical leadership
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top