Electrical Design Engineer/Analog
- Carlsbad, CA
Electrical Design Engineer/Analog
Be a part of Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care (S&RC) Gas Sensing Technology group as a Senior Electrical Engineer - Analog focused on gas sensing, capnography & related accessory products. As the senior analog / mixed-signal electronics design engineer, you will be responsible for the electrical design of various gas sensing products, next generation and on-market.
You will utilize the following knowledge and expertise to create market-leading products: sensing techniques, high-precision analog-signal processing and data acquisition, time and frequency domain signal processing and analysis, low-noise design, low-power design, understanding of gas sensing devices, host system implementations, medical device design and development, and regulatory landscape.
The position within the Gas Sensing Technology R&D group collaborates closely with other R&D functions (optics, mechanical, software, systems), Marketing, Clinical Affairs, and Quality & Regulatory.
- Participate in project teams in NPI, failure investigations, sustaining engineering, etc.
- Communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management.
- Create and document electrical designs (e.g. schematics, drawings, test results, data analyses, PCB design etc.).
- Build prototypes for feasibility, functionality, and performance assessments.
- Prepare design documents, requirements documents, architecture documents, technical reports, presentations, as required.
- Contribute to dFMEA, DFT, DFM, risk management, verification & validation plans and reports, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams regarding standards compliance and global regulatory requirements
- Assists engineering team in problem solving issues.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- 5 or more yrs of experience in medical device (capital equipment) or related fields (regulated industry preferred).
- Technical lead on electrical engineering programs.
- Extensive experience in schematic capture (OrCAD preferred).
- Experience working with PCB design engineers on flex, rigid-flex, and rigid boards (PADS preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of hardware (electrical, optical, mechanical) and software / firmware.
- Expertise in designing to comply with EMC and ESD requirements.
- High reliability designs, DFT, DFM, (medical devices preferred).
- High-speed, low-power, high-density designs, (medical devices preferred).
- Design verification test development, execution, report generation.
- In-depth knowledge of product development process and design control from concept to volume production.
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance techniques, practices, ISO and Regulatory (FDA) compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of medical device regulations and standards (e.g. IEC 60601-1, EU-MDR, FDA cGMP).
- Understanding of capnography or gas sensing products, applications, and technologies a plus.
- Six Sigma (DFSS) Green Belt certification with actual project experience a plus.
- Solid OEM / ODM / CM experience.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top