Electrical Design Engineer V, Philips Healthcare, (Highland Hts., OH)
Job TitleElectrical Design Engineer V, Philips Healthcare, (Highland Hts., OH)
Electrical Design Engineer V, Philips Healthcare, (Highland Hts., OH)
This position is part of a team responsible for the development of various electrical solutions for CT, AMI and hybrid (PET/CT) Scanners. Development includes designing, implementing, testing solutions to meet sub-system requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead self and others with the analysis, testing, troubleshooting, and documenting of internal or supplier electrical/electronic systems and/or sub-systems with all projects and tasks.
- Lead self and others with the development of modeling, simulation and analysis. Produce the design requirements and designs for electrical/electronic systems and/or sub-systems with all projects and tasks.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments within the Electrical Engineering function. Work cross-functionally with peers to ensure most appropriate solution. May be a technical lead for a given project.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Develop and implement cross-functional Value Engineering and Design for Reliability/Service methodology.
- Work is expected to result in the development of new or improved products and processes. Focus on factors that influence overall business results and links initiatives with them.
- Act on broadest problem domain (i.e. process, program, personnel, business, etc.) using any and all methods to solve a problem, including using others or finding published solutions.
- Research new technologies and applies where applicable. Apply this learning to changes and new problems to identify opportunities.
- Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Estimate time requirements of others, individually or in a team, to achieve goals and objectives. May set SMART goals for others.
- See problems coming and take actions to avoid problems.
- May be Electrical Work Package Manager for a given project. Developing project plan timelines in conjunction with cross-functional peers and Project Manager.
- Help others deal with ambiguity and changing priorities. Look upon change in a positive manner.
- Work effectively as a team, project or functional leader.
- Contacts pertain to significant matters often involving coordination among groups. Must function effectively in a dynamic team environment. Effective with situational leadership.
- Bring out the best in team members and other employees with whom he/she interacts. Produce results through themselves and other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and/or System Engineering and/or Science.
5+ years of relevant experience in designing and developing electrical solutions
- Determine the current compliance status of existing systems and/or designs through hands-on testing.
- Define specific areas/components that are not consistent with radiated emission requirements (this could include specific PCB assemblies, cables, and/or power supplies).
- Work with various design teams to identify proposed solutions/corrective actions to be implemented. This may include the use of custom Faraday shields, improved terminations, PCB reworks, ferrite cable clamps, and/or other techniques to contain the emissions. This includes documentation updates as well as updates assemblies.
- Perform iterative compliance testing (baseline & proposed modifications) of the CT system and/or various components in a manner consistent with the regulatory requirements (e.g., testing in an EMI quiet 3-meter test location).
- Communicate test results, design solution status and alternatives to management.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Quality Engineering to ensure the proposed changes are effectively communicated to the various suppliers and manufacturing facilities as appropriate.
- Document the appropriate changes via the appropriate Change Management System (ECR/ECO’s) and drive the solutions to completion.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top