Electrical Design Engineer
Job TitleElectrical Design Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Help our Released Product Engineering team create lifesaving and life sustaining devices that are used in hospitals and pre-hospital situations globally.
You are responsible for
- Establish, modify, and test electrical requirements of devices based on regulatory standards and customer requirements
- Participate as part of a team or as an individual contributor on electrical design tasks.
- Maintain and improve existing designs to assist in manufacturability, reduce cost, and improve quality.
- Perform analyses and apply problem solving techniques in order to develop creative, innovative solutions to electrical and system design challenges
- Lead a team or participate in the development of electrical designs including requirements definition, risk mitigation, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Define validation/verification test and design architectures and strategies
- Interface with other engineering teams as needed and work with groups outside of engineering including suppliers of materials, contractors, manufacturing, sourcing, quality and service in order to fulfill project needs.
You are a part of:
The Released Product Engineering team is part of Philips Healthcare Emergency Care and Resuscitation R&D team in Bothell. We support all released product changes ranging from Defibrillator and AED design changes to customer investigations to regulatory changes. This team is always in high demand to sustain the business as we provide needed support to keep the released product pipeline moving.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 8+ years working experience in a Class II/III medical field or equivalent regulatory environment
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated ownership and application of FMEA, risk analysis and risk mitigation
- Expert in circuit analysis and design with strong working knowledge of electrical simulation/modelling tools, Matlab, and statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top