Electrical Design Engineer
Job TitleElectrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer, Healthcare (Pewaukee, WI)
In this role you will be challenged to carry out targeted development assignments, develop parts of a new product according to technical specifications and develop materials & techniques.
- Model the proposed coil design using various software tools. Modeling tools may include NEC, PSPICE, Fast Henry, or internally developed modeling tools, CAD Layout packages ie Altium-Protel
- Build prototypes and prove design feasibility, functionality and performance superiority over competitive solutions.
- Ensure that customer feedback is recorded and incorporated into the design and feasibly executed. (i.e. mechanical design for operator convenience, FOV, SNR, uniformity, etc.)
- Work with mechanical engineering and ensure an adequate mechanical housing is created (including such variables as component type, safety, durability, ease of manufacturing, etc.)
- Design and Document the development for manufacturability (i.e. drawings, schematics, experiments, changes, test results, data, PCB layout etc.)
- Gather FDA data using the beta versions when first tested and assist in FDA submission technical requirements.
- Generate failure modes and effects analysis, complete set of engineering drawings as per INVIVO guidelines, manufacturing instructions, a product follower sheet with QA procedures and technical input to the operator’s manual.
- Assist the engineering department in problem-solving related to electrical engineering matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, biomedical engineering or electronics. Master’s degree in similar fields with concentration in RF electronics is preferred.
- 5-8 yrs of experience in related fields
- Familiarity with simulation software like PSpice, and some Field Plotting simulators.
- Knowledge in RF radiation, microwave and antennas or analog electronics is required
- Effective communication skills with ability to communicate well with clinicians and other engineers
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top