Electrical Design Engineer
Job TitleElectrical Design Engineer
To support Philips' Defibrillator and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) products as an Electrical Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to maintain and enhance the Quality, Performance, and Dependability of our devices. Projects span the gamut of continuous improvement to parts obsolescence to accessory development and enhancement. This role is essential to keeping the business moving and there is a constant stream of projects in all phases of implementation. Bring your enthusiasm, energy, positive attitude and meticulous drive to bear for the betterment of the patients of Philips.
Perform, own and improve the way we:
- Establish, modify, and test electrical requirements of devices based on regulatory standards and customer requirements
- Participate as part of a team or as an individual contributor on electrical design tasks.
- Maintain and improve existing designs to assist in manufacturability, reduce cost, and improve quality.
- Perform analyses and apply problem solving techniques in order to develop creative, innovative solutions to electrical and system design challenges
- Lead a team or participate in the development of electrical designs including requirements definition, risk mitigation, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Define validation/verification test and design architectures and strategies
- Interface with other engineering teams as needed and work with groups outside of engineering including suppliers of materials, contractors, manufacturing, sourcing, quality and service in order to fulfill project needs.
The Released Product Engineering team is part of Therapeutic Care's ALS/BLS/Consumer Defibrillator R&D team in Bothell. We support all released product changes ranging from device design changes to accessory label changes. Our team handles post release design changes, identifies component improvement opportunities, and supports R&D. This team is always in high demand as we provide needed support to keep the released product pipeline moving.
- Work cross-functionally with all aspects of the product and with a cross-functional team members
- Ample opportunity to learn new things and make real visible improvements to the way we do work… and the credit that follows!
We are looking for
- A positive attitude and attention to detail
- The ability to ask questions to ensure we have thought all the way through the challenge
- Electrical design/test background
- Working knowledge of embedded application development, driver development, and FPGA on custom hardware/devices a plus
- Great interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity, giving credit where due
- Desire to grow ability and knowledge and provide improved methods of doing work
- 8+ years working experience in a Class II/III medical field or equivalent regulatory environment
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated ownership and application of FMEA, risk analysis and risk mitigation
- Expert in circuit analysis and design with strong working knowledge of electrical simulation/modelling tools, Matlab, and statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top