Electrical Design Engineer 3
Job TitleElectrical Design Engineer 3
Electrical Design Engineer 3 performs engineering work and applied research towards the development, and design of new products.
- Simulation, design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of RF electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices, such as MRI machines, as part of Product Development projects.
- Data collection and analysis of a prototypes electrical and imaging performance.
- Travel, both within the USA and abroad, when necessary.
We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity Electrical Design Engineer 3 in Gainesville, Florida.
Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories, is looking to expand its Gainesville, FL team. Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo’s strategy for growth.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering, particularly E&M and analog electronics design
- Skill in troubleshooting and innovatively solving relatively complex electrical design problems.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Understanding of engineering methodology and processes required for robust prototyping
- Manual dexterity with hands and tools used in assembly operations preferred.
- Mastery of basic tools, measurement and testing devices (including vector network analyzers) required for assembling electronic components.
- Ability to use computer software such as ALTIUM and MATLAB to simulate, design and evaluate devices.
- Ability to write project related documentation, reports and presentations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills within a team context and with external research collaborators.
- Basic understanding of project management (timelines, costs, requirements, resources).
- Knowledge of MRI preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience required.
- Master’s degree and 4-7 years RF / EM design experience preferred.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top