Dynamic Systems Research Development Engineer
Job TitleDynamic Systems Research Development Engineer
You work in a team in close cooperation with marketing, the product development team and the product researchers. You always safeguard our trusted values regarding consumer-centric meaningful innovation. This team will support product development of oral healthcare features and benefits through the investigation and exploitation of physical, phenomena , working primarily in Dynamic Systems generating a combination of hardware, and firmware which allows the delivery of those benefits.
You will be responsible for:
- Front-end-innovation and pre-development process including translating and communicating commercial, functional and design specifications into the realization of new functions, processes and/or innovative products.
- Identify physical principles necessary to deliver targeted user benefits, development of the verification methods and instrumentation and overseeing the verification of embodiments of physical principles against requirements
- Provide the identification and development of methods to characterize and optimize functional parameters
- Support the development of methods and instrumentation to verify the clinical efficacy of embodiments (technology demonstrator) to deliver user benefits (experimental, confirmatory or claim substantiation style)
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products;
- Finding and generating knowledge (external and internal) in one of the following domains, Fluid dynamics, electromagnetics, measurement systems, sensors and algorithms, chemotherapeutics
- Actively maintaining and increasing level of knowledge in defined domain and making available in the departments in a way that is accessible for others;
- Participate and/or lead as key competence resource for the organization
- Generating necessary input for roadmap and strategy discussions;
- Cooperating with colleagues and other departments and able to influence people and help build a team.
- Work with Market Communication and external Advertising agencies to accurately communicate benefits to sales force and consumers
First of all, you are creative and analytical. In addition, you are a team player and you have excellent coordination and communication skills. We would like to meet you if you also meet the following criteria:
- You have a masters or doctorate degree(or 6 years of exp. with Master's level degree) in one of the following fields: chemistry, bioengineering, physics, system science, material science, or mechanical engineering,
- 3+ years of experience in the field of early product development;
- You have a broad technical interest and are eager to learn and explore new fields ;
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development and analysis techniques;
- You show passion for (complex) technical puzzles, always working towards thorough understanding and knowledge build-up by determining theoretical or empirical modeling their working;
- You are quality driven and experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- You have experience in translating modules and concepts into architectural options;
- You are pro-active and persistent in achieving goals and cross-functional improvements.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top