Director Upstream Product Marketing
- Beachwood, OH
Director Upstream Product Marketing
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As the Director of Product Manager in Advanced Molecular Imaging (AMI) you will focus on product strategy, building a winning portfolio, defining product requirements for product, solution and services, launch, and lifecycle management. This position will manage a team of 4 members to deliver on the strategy. Key position to develop strong interface with customers and markets to develop and deliver on annual operating plan (AOP) and strategic plan of record (SPOR).
You are responsible for
- Responsible for upstream marketing activities for the products / solutions, including definition of the strategy and its enablers as well as its alignment with key markets globally.
- Value proposition development based on customer insights, including:
- Health Economics for lead markets
- Portfolio, Product & Clinical claims roadmaps
- Business Case
- Pricing (Price setting) and margin optimization
- Channel Strategy for assigned product portfolio
- Compliance with Quality & Regulatory requirements (if applicable)
- Drive definition, development and introduction of the products/solutions, including cross-business solution development to our customers by meeting their needs, including service and consumables
- Responsible for lifecycle management and market readiness as part of Product data and life cycle management (PDLM). Ensure completion of appropriate deliverables (feature descriptions, value propositions, costing/pricing/quoting materials, etc.)
- Profit & Loss (P&L) responsible for Product and/or Solutions development of the business case to support new value creation
- Customer and Market Insights: Analyze the market, the competition, and trends on enterprise level across segment technologies to ensure the portfolio is leading the market's needs and expectations Develop and maintain a needs-based customer segmentation requirements (across global markets and supported by Market Intelligence).
- Translate in-depth market and customer insights, as well as competitive analyses into winning concepts/ clear product specifications for the release train, in such a way that in short, mid and long term a sound business result can be achieved
- Guide and drive the development of new products from the initial phase until the final product, to get the optimal combination of performance and price in time for the defined market segment.
- Interact with various disciplines including Innovation, Research & Development (R&D) departments, internal and external design agencies, manufacturing units or external suppliers, marketing management, marketing communication and international sales organizations.
- Core team member in Product Realization Process (PRP) / Product Development Lifecycle Management (PDLM) from Marketing
You are a part of
Our Advance Molecular Imaging (AMI) Business. You will lead the Business transformation by understanding the Business potential, building a winning Portfolio, delivering NPIs and driving profitable growth working with the International sales team. The role will be based out of Cleveland, Ohio.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree required; Engineering function preferred; Master and/or MBA a plus
- 10+ years experience with medical equipment company
- Molecular Imaging / Nuclear Medicine experience preferred
- Multi-modality medical device industry experience a plus
- 5+ years of global marketing/sales experience
- 3+ functional management experience with proven success in coaching and developing teams
- Demonstrated experience in product management, upstream marketing, value proposition creation, and new product launches
- Ability to see long-term organization mission and motivate others
- Resourcefulness in achieving results
- Team player on both departmental and management team levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in program management tools (including computer-based tools) and procedures for setting and tracking performance, quality, time and cost
- Strong presentation skills, appropriate to both management and customer audiences. Financial and business analysis skills
- Travel as appropriate, international and domestic
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways .
In addition to being purpose-driven, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top