Director, Systems Engineering
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead, inspire and manage the Systems Engineering Team at Philips Oral Healthcare (OHC)! You will be responsible for the digital platform execution in support of the OHC transformation. As a key member of the management team you will be a thought leader and embrace the digital disruption as an innovation enabler.
You are responsible for
- Leading, growing and coaching a highly talented team of Systems Engineers and Test Engineers
- Overall technical leadership and realization of full systems product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and compliance
- Driving the quality of work across global, multi-disciplinary teams by ensuring KPI's are in place
- Translation of user and business requirements into product requirements, high level product design, optimized integration and verification
- System decomposition and allocation of derived requirements down to HW/SW element and part level and related traceability
- Determining feasibility of potential solutions, and leading technical & design reviews
- Collaborating with peers and stakeholders by establishing an effective network to obtain input on technological developments, identifying trends and opportunities
- Encouraging opportunities for innovation, ensuring innovation pipeline is supported
- Fostering an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment by motivating, challenging, and coaching the employees towards growth, stimulating entrepreneurship and driving engagement.
You are a part of
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and overall health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of experience leading globally distributed R&D teams
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements to lead teams around a common vision to execute
- Proven track record in New Product Introduction, preferably in the digital domain
- Experience in deployment of products and solutions through cross-functional teams in a global environment
- Expertise of managing engineering efficiency & velocity, including assessments, coaching, and process implementation to ensure optimized output across internal and external resources
- Experience with creating and managing software requirements. Understanding requirements for releasing medical software is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to influence in areas outside of direct control (product roadmap, finance, marketing, operations)
- Comfortable in a global matrix organization, including indirect functional engagement with product development processes, quality systems and the senior leadership
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate across all levels of the organization both technical and non-technical
- Experience in medical device product development is strongly preferred
In return, we offer you
Philips is committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments offered to employees. We also offer a competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.