Director Strategic Partnerships
- Cambridge, MA
Director Strategic Partnerships
In this role you have the opportunity to
Influence strategy and growth in a leading Health Technology company. Are you a highly talented strategic thinker with proven M&A and/or business development experience, currently working for a premier strategy consulting firm, or corporate development team, who can support the Philips Executive Committee to make decisions on strategic areas for inorganic growth?
You are responsible for
- Initiating and driving strategic partnering projects across all Philips' businesses
- Leading teams up as well as down and sideways (incl. partners throughout the organization) and driving specific inorganic strategies and transaction
- Analyzing and identifying high impact/high value opportunities for prioritization
- Actively developing and progressing partnerships with strategic rationale, businesses cases, and contract negotiations (NDA, MOU/LOI and strategic alliance agreements)
- Working closely with Strategy and Business Development business unit team members to work towards results
- Senior level partner management and decision-making (internal and external) using the Strategic Partnership 6 stage gate process
- Facilitating deal closure by driving discussions in broader teams (IP, Legal, Finance)
- Responsibilities range from global projects at group level to high-impact projects within specific solution areas. Typical projects could be as broad as quantifying and negotiating terms of potential enterprise partnerships, to identification and mapping of growth/ecosystem opportunities in a specific domain such as Cardiology, Oncology or Respiratory care or Solution area such as Connected or Digital Health.
You are part of
2 global hubs located in Amsterdam and Andover/Cambridge the Strategic Partnering team works with Philips businesses, market organizations and functional teams, supplying them with deep inorganic and partnering business insights and acumen and takes ownership on select strategic partnerships to drive corporate strategic direction and proof points of the health continuum strategy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Master's in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a credible Strategy Consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.) and M&A/Investment bank or Corporate Development, plus MBA from a credible business school
- Or non-MBA: minimum of 15 years' experience partly in Strategy Consulting experience alternatively, 8 years in New Business Development, M&A or Corporate Development for a top-tier international company/investment bank)
- Significant Industry knowledge is a prerequisite
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills
- A willingness to travel (25%)
- Strong communication and people skills as well as a results-driven attitude when influencing partners
In return, we offer you
The rare opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee and Investment Committee, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development.
Within Philips, the Strategy Partnership team is being built as a competitive differentiator for Philips, and a stepping stone for future leaders. Deal making provides the ideal opportunity for this role to get to know the business better and vice versa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, passionate about improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top