Director- Strategic Partnering
Job TitleDirector- Strategic Partnering
In this role you have the opportunity to
Influence strategy and growth in a leading Health Technology company. Are you a highly talented strategic thinker with solid M&A and/or Business Development experience, currently working for a Corporate Development team or Investment (Private Equity) Bank, who can support Philips Leadership to make decisions on strategic areas for inorganic growth, with prime focus on Strategic Partnerships, Alliances, Joint Ventures and Strategic Investments.
As a Director Strategic Partnering you will directly support and influence key decisions made at the highest level of the Philips organization.
You are responsible for
- Initiating and driving Strategic Partnering projects in key domain topics (eg Digital Sleep Ecosytems; Oncology Imaging Analytics; Cardiology Clinical Decision Support)
- Analyzing and identifying high impact, high value opportunities for prioritization by translating Business Strategy into Inorganic Growth Strategy and Pipeline
- Actively developing and progressing partnerships with strategic rationale, businesses cases, and contract negotiations (NDA, MOU/LOI and strategic alliance agreements)
- Working closely with Business, Markets Leadership, Strategy and Business Development business unit team members to drive to results
- Senior level stakeholder management and decision making (internal and external) using the Strategic Partnership 6 stage gate process as part of a comprehensive inorganic approach
- Facilitating deal closure by driving discussions in broader teams (IP, Legal, Finance)
Responsibilities range from global projects at Group level to high-impact projects within specific solution areas. Typical projects include specific, high priority projects in Businesses, Markets, potential enterprise partnerships, and the identification and mapping of growth/ecosystem opportunities in a specific domain – e.g. Cardiology, Oncology , Respiratory Care or Solution areas such as Connected or Digital Health.
You are part of
Structured around 2 global hubs located in Amsterdam an Andover/Cambridge the Strategic Partnering team works with Philips Businesses and Market Organizations supplying them with deep inorganic and partnering business insights and acumen and takes ownership on select strategic partnerships to drive corporate strategic direction and proof points of the health continuum strategy. Collaboration will be particularly deep with colleagues from Strategy, Business Development M&A and Digital Innovation across the organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience: minimum of 6 years' experience in a M&A/Investment bank or Corporate Development for non-MBA candidates: minimum 8-12 years in New Business Development, M&A or Corporate Development for a top-tier international company/investment bank)
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze build/buy/partner scenarios and drive decision making down a decided path way
- Technical: Excellent analytics and business modeling skill. Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Industry: Significant HealthTech (Healthcare, Consumer Health & Wellbeing, Technology) industry knowledge is a prerequisite
- Outside orientation: Proven track record of successfully building external networks and developing (converting) a pipeline of inorganic growth opportunities with leading, complementary industry peers
- A willingness to travel (25%)
- Strong communication and people skills as well as a results-driven attitude when influencing stakeholders
In return, we offer you
The unique opportunity to be actively involved and influence in the decision-making process of Philips Leadership, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually
Within Philips, the Strategy Partnership team is being built as a competitive differentiator for Philips, and a stepping stone for future leaders. Deal making provides the ideal opportunity for this role to get to know the business better and vice versa.
The position is based in Amsterdam – a city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl/
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top