Director- Strategic Partnering
Director- Strategic Partnering
In this role you have the opportunity to Influence strategy and growth in a leading Health Technology company. Are you a highly talented strategic thinker with proven M&A and/or business development experience, currently working for a premier strategy consulting firm, or corporate development team, who can support the Philips Executive Committee to make decisions on strategic areas for inorganic growth.
You are responsible for
- Initiating and driving strategic partnering projects across all Philips' businesses
- Leading teams up as well as down and sideways (incl. partners throughout the organization) and driving specific inorganic strategies and transaction
- Analyzing and identifying high impact/high value opportunities for prioritization
- Actively developing and progressing partnerships with strategic rationale, businesses cases, and contract negotiations (NDA, MOU/LOI and strategic alliance agreements)
- Working closely with Strategy and Business Development business unit team members to work towards results
- Senior level partner management and decision-making (internal and external) using the Strategic Partnership 6 stage gate process
- Facilitating deal closure by driving discussions in broader teams (IP, Legal, Finance)
You are part of 2 global hubs located in Amsterdam and Andover/Cambridge the Strategic Partnering team works with Philips businesses, market organizations and functional teams, supplying them with deep inorganic and partnering business insights and acumen and takes ownership on select strategic partnerships to drive corporate strategic direction and proof points of the health continuum strategy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Master's in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a credible Strategy Consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.) and M&A/Investment bank or Corporate Development, plus MBA from a credible business school
- Or non-MBA: minimum of 15 years experience partly in Strategy Consulting experience alternatively, 8 years in New Business Development, M&A or Corporate Development for a top-tier international company/investment bank)
- Significant Industry knowledge is a prerequisite
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills
- A willingness to travel (25%)
- Strong communication and people skills as well as a results-driven attitude when influencing partners
Within Philips, the Strategy Partnership team is being built as a competitive differentiator for Philips, and a stepping stone for future leaders. Deal making provides the ideal opportunity for this role to get to know the business better and vice versa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, passionate about improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering creative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top