Director, Services and Business Systems Platform/Product Management
- Murrysville, PA
Director, Services and Business Systems Platform/Product Management
Director, Services and Business Systems Platform/Product Management ( Clinical Engagement/Care Coordination, Patient Management Business Systems, Resupply and Expert Review Scoring Services)
Are you looking for a highly visible position where you can play a key role in creating and driving our commercial services program? Are you a strong leader with the ability to turn customer insights and requirements into Services Solutions?
The Services as a Platform and Enabling Business Systems Leader is a pivotal role that drives the creation of service solutions from idea to market. You are accountable for defining, launching and building profitable service based solutions that innovate and extend our current portfolio.
You are a part of:
The Philips SRC (Sleep & Respiratory Care) Services team works in a fast-paced environment focused on developing services that will enable our partners in achieving a scalable and efficient healthcare workflow and positively impact the patients that use our solutions. Together with the Services Business Leader you will help the organization to transform and perform at the same time. This is an important vector to success to realize our mission building extraordinary services and delivering outcome based solutions that are critical to our healthcare customers.
You will be working across a matrixed organization under the leadership of the SRC Services Business Leader managing and developing new sleep and respiratory care services that further Philips strategic solutions provider positioning.
You are responsible for:
This role will have leadership responsibility to deliver compelling human based services for Philips partners and patients as well as defining the roadmap for enabling business systems strategic intent and organizational footprint aligned to our strategic plan. This role is responsible in leading a team of product managers, service leads, business analysts and business and clinical process professionals' who manage and lead the development of clinical engagement, care coordination, resupply, and new to company and market services in line with each product categories solution roadmap.
This opportunity requires enterprise wide thinking, strong perceptual acuity, a strategic mindset, critical thinking, intensive collaboration, and excellent execution with matrixed teams. This position will focus on delivering meaningful services that expand Philips clinical thought leadership in sleep and respiratory care.
Additionally, this leader will inspire teams to bring their best thinking, strengthen their capabilities as a high performing team. He or she will focus on driving a connection between product management and operations to unlock synergies to use the right technologies to deliver on behalf of the customer, maximizing the business and technical elements to compound our powerful leadership position and business model.
- This is a highly strategic role that is critical to support the market in designing comprehensive, multidisciplinary, cross business solutions. Individual will bring services as a product/offering domain expertise as well as expert knowledge of software and solution design that enable these services capabilities. Individual will work alongside sales, business development and product management to design comprehensive solutions.
- Prefer knowledge of patient management platforms and care management services in reimbursed and regulated structures. Familiarity with workflow management and change management, software product management practices.
- Formulate the upstream product strategy for the assigned portfolio. Collects and analysis market information and defines existing market target groups.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of Services Roadmap, Marketing Strategy, Development and Management of Annual Operating Plan and Overall SaaS and Services Lifecycle Management. Representing $8.2 million in direct revenues and supporting >$228 million in overall global services revenue
- Lead, inspire and develop team of direct reports
- Create roadmap for service as a platform and enabling business systems
- Partner with cross-functional leaders across the organization to identify and solve operational and execution issues
- Lead the creation of best practices within consumer and health applications, including identifying trends and competitive reviews to bring about the top experiences for all users
- Create and drive disciplined development processes to support and execute new product launches and initiatives
- Organize the input gathering from the different internal and external stakeholders (NA and Global markets, Business Category Solution Leaders, Operations) and realize an alignment between the different parties in order to create a roadmap that is needed for seamless delivery of solutions to customers.
- Contribute, as member of the SRC services business management team, to the definition and execution of the strategy linked to Business Solution Roadmaps.
- Work on complex solutions delivery issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of business processes in the company. To do this, you will manage a large variety of stakeholders at all levels in the organization, including attempting to influence senior level leaders and participating in corporate development of service & solutions delivery methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Coach and direct the team in the use and application of standardized templates, tools and processes and supports the Philips Services & Solutions delivery continuous improvement journey to drive performance and transformation using Lean thinking and tools
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in service design, portfolio management, service offerings and delivery. Deep understanding of relevant economic models, value chain and channel stakeholders.
- The role requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role and thus it is a highly strategic, facilitative role.
- As the
trusted counsel, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and (excellent) analytical as well as planning and project management skills.
- Performance management and data analytics as enabler
- Quality and regulatory requirements understanding
- Defines the value proposition based on market- and customer insights, including supporting claims, pricing strategy, offer design, target customers and markets.
- Ensures that service proposition plans are integrated with planning of other disciplines
- Work with field marketing to enable the market sales teams (e.g., conduct presentations ahead of new product/solution/services launch)
- Execution focused individual who can project manage and own processes with rigor in execution & drive for excellence
- A team player with track of record of working collaboratively to manage cross-functional, cross businesses issues and generate impact are result through others
- Analytical data driven and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen: modeling, reporting, analysis, etc.
- VOC competency (key behavior)
- Familiarization with BMC organizational construct (key associates within markets)Understanding of the business category, science, channels, stakeholders
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top