Director, Service Operations - GBS (Nashville)
Director, Service Operations - GBS (Nashville)
Do you enjoy leading and directing programs to include operational performance metrics for continuous improvement? Are you a responsive and active leader, with proven analytical and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented and experienced in supporting a high-volume sales team? Do you have a passion for providing strategy, leadership, and direction creating a center of excellence to fulfill the customer experience? If so, then this opportunity may interest you.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide strategic and tactical leadership, counsel, and direction for all facets of the Customer Service Operations. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading, directing and prioritizing departmental activities of an operations team. Facilitate and implement objectives and goals that support Customer Service Delivery and Operations strategic departmental objectives; as well as, drive a lean culture throughout the organization.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Direct and lead all aspects of organizational objectives and support, including team morale, strategic planning and vision/goal setting activities (such as, setting and monitoring key performance indicators)
- Ensuring objectives are met, balancing the needs of the business and the team, escalating as needed to remove barriers
- Utilizing leadership and critical thinking skills to assist the team with analysis of complex contract requirements, special provisions, pricing, internal approvals, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies
- Hiring, motivating, mentoring, developing and retaining excellent talent due to solid leadership skills
- Handling quarterly SOX controls and other audit requirements; in addition to, leading departmental fiscal close activities to meet financial and business demands
- Working with senior leadership regarding solutions to complex issues
- Influencing others by using LEAN methodologies for continuous improvement, sponsor project development and execution; as well as, team-up with business partners to streamline processes, foster, and champion cross-functional partnerships
- Leads service part ordering operations to ensure Philip's customer interface is centrally focused & maintains a high level of customer satisfaction in matters of part availability & quality
- Partners with the Service Marketing function to develop & maintain part pricing, returns & shipping cost policies to be competitive in the marketplace.
- Partners with Finance & Marketing to provide service modeling to optimize contract pricing and warranty recoveries enabling service profitability for service parts
- Oversees field service delivery support teams to ensure accurate and timely closure of service work orders
- Managing the increasingly competing priorities and deadlines, providing extraordinary support to our internal partners and external customers
- Seeking out opportunities to challenge your team, yourself and others; finding new ways to positively affect the team, the customer, and the business
- Using your strategic knowledge of cross-functional processes and quality impact throughout the value chain
You are a part of a team
Focused on delivering on quality customer service through our center of excellence.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree, required - preferably in a related field such as Business/Operations/Logistics or Supply chain
- LEAN Certification preferred - not required.
- 10+ years' experience in back-office operations, ideally in a customer service environment
- 7+ years people management experience, with clear competency in leading, building and motivating a team.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Passion for customer experience, operational excellence, and continuous development
- Eager to take on new tasks/responsibilities; develops and shares best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact and influence key stakeholders
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with a positive attitude
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, driving and inspiring change
- Strong organizational and data analytic skills with the aptitude for detail
- Naturally using good judgment and make confident decisions under defined policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of Healthcare industry standards
- Knowledge of Philips Healthcare products preferred
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and up-to-date training.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top