Director of Sales Operations (Andover, MA or Remote on East Coast)
Job TitleDirector of Sales Operations (Andover, MA or Remote on East Coast)
The core mission of the Director of Sales Operations is to partner with the Sales Organization to drive performance management, analytics, growth, transparency accountability within the Sales Organization. The mission includes understanding the business and offering advice on how to maximize opportunity within the business. This person is responsible for understanding the end to end processes within Sales Operations that can be utilized to drive initiatives and advising and communicating them to the Sales organization where appropriate. This position will preferably be based in Andover, MA however open to remote on the East Coast.
The Business Director of Sales Operations is responsible for assisting Senior Sales Leadership with driving and managing all aspects of the Sales organization. This person applies intimate and in-depth knowledge of customer relationship management, commercial operations, forecasting, performance management, project management, and the healthcare market to implement innovative strategies which are aligned with Philips Management agenda. The Director of Sales Operations will support Senior Sales Leadership to collectively influence and interact with other stakeholders to ensure that the business delivers on its commitments.
- Support the Sales Team in execution of key Operating Plan priorities including overall vision & strategy, short-term and long-term goals, and key initiatives
- Provide strategic leadership and provide insights on areas of opportunity and strength within the business based on business analytics and knowledge of the products and business environment; coordinate efforts to grow overall business.
- Structure and coordinate activities in the businesses to drive performance
- Proactively monitor and analyze performance and assist leadership team in developing GAP plans that will lead to AOP achievement
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives
- Proactively coordinates, monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources
- Make practical and effective recommendations to prioritize issues and opportunities, bring appropriate resources, best practices and expertise to the issue
- Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for sales process improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Provide analytical/operational support for the development, execution, and monitoring of scorecard/dashboard
- Lead formulation of analytics to inform regional decision making and market initiatives and documentation to establish the business justification and risk/rewards of proposed business opportunities
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the business to lead and/or contribute to strategic projects and key initiatives defined by the Sales Leadership Team
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported as needed
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel; fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
- Design, develop and coordinate, with other Sales Operations Directors, consistent process, reporting, analytics etc. to drive efficient and meaningful Operations within the Business.
- Develop an end to end understanding, mastery and stewardship of all Sales Operations functions including Compensation, Territory Management, Reporting and Analytics and Training and Programs
- Deep organizational knowledge and expertise regarding Philips internal processes/workings and can advise and assist in facilitating operational needs including approvals, visibility, analysis etc.; Knowledge of the internal workings and processes (at a higher level) at our customers is also required.
- Provide the necessary sales and marketing insight based on market conditions, industry trends and competitive landscapes.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Supporting Senior Sales Leadership within North America, you will be a member of the Sales Operations Leadership team and is an everyday partner of multiple functions within the department, including Business Partnering, Data Integrity, Compensation Operations, and Training and Programs and cross functionally with Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales and Finance.
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and to fully exploit your talents. Ideally this role will be based in Andover, MA however open to remote on the East Coast. This job comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are looking for
- Masters Business Admin. or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years of sales, finance, operations, and/or customer service related experience
- Direct sales operations is highly preferred
- Healthcare industry experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other functions to achieve overall business objectives
- Ability to simplify and translate complex challenges into actionable tactical action plan
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Must thrive in a fast pace environment requiring a high level of collaboration
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management both inside the company and with customers.
- Direct management experience with ability to inspire and develop people/team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage virtual/remote organization.
- Experience in the capital medical equipment industry with a demonstrated broad knowledge of project management
- Demonstrated track record in leveraging continuous process improvement to resolve complex supply chain, project management or implementation issues.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a matrix environment.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply today!
Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top