Director of R&D Program Management
Director of R&D Program Management
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a key member of the Business leadership team, leads overall program management organization and efforts for the Emergency Care and Resuscitation business. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Director of Program Management is responsible for program process, execution excellence, pipeline portfolio management, and cross-functional resource deployment across the entire product/service development lifecycle. This role is a key contributor to the overall business success; enabling program completion and communication while working through structure and priority complexity to drive the overall business strategy execution. Through continuous improvement and committed program management execution and orchestration, has a significant impact on the long term strategy of Philips industry leading defibrillation business, furthering our mission to save more lives across the emergency care continuum.
You are responsible for
- Builds, strengthens, and leads program management function for entire ECR Business including essential operating mechanisms of portfolio management, continuous resource management, business priority alignment, and execution excellence.
- Leads PMO team (of approx. 27 resources) including program managers and process subject matter experts supporting ECR business and portfolio, including but not limited to new product development programs. Develops staff to fullest potential.
- Identifies and solves for evolving gaps and emerging needs in skills, process capabilities, and capacity to support sustained long-term business growth; utilizing Lean instruments to drive continuous improvement, as well as other Agile/SAFE concepts and tools.
- Report results and heighten issues to internal and external partners, including the Business Leadership Team. Leads program management governance, conducting regular reviews such that key projects are tracking to defined objectives and critical metrics, maintaining partner alignment, and actively managing risk to quality and schedule performance.
- Partners with functional leaders in Marketing, R&D, Operations, Q&R, and Customer Experience to deliver products and services from concept to full commercial launch and volume production/scale-up.
- Deploys process improvements across organization. Makes the project organization efficient and transparent, and ensures alignment with management objectives. Leads change by deploying and supporting continued success of Idea-to-Market capabilities in close collaboration with R&D leadership team.
You are part of
Emergency Care and Resuscitation is a key business along the continuum of care, and has a broad product portfolio of advanced life support solutions, automated external defibrillators, and data management solutions. Our mission is to design, produce, and deliver every solution as if the life of someone we love depends on it. Every day, we empower and enable our customers - from clinicians to paramedics, first responders to the ordinary person - to save lives using our innovative, market leading technology. We are searching for passionate leaders to join us as we strengthen our product portfolio, expand our services and solutions, and bring game changing technology to market.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS in relevant field including Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or other related science.
- Clinical certification, Marketing, MBA, or relevant business experience preferred.
- Program Management certification a strong plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience successfully leading large and complex medical device (hardware, software, consumables) development.
- Functional engineering leadership experience and advanced program management certification strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership using Agile/SAFE framework and standard Lean Instruments to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated competence forming, organizing, and leading product development teams from concept through commercial launch.
- Demonstrated depth in organizational dynamics, motivating teams, and developing talent.
- Expertise in all phases of product development, launch, and maintenance including VOC, requirements generation, DFx, design controls, verification, validation, usability, process validation, manufacturing ramp, service, and support-readiness.
- Strong understanding of medical device regulatory environments and clearance processes.
- A record of successful product commercialization in major global medical device markets.
- Data-driven decision-making and the ability to move teams through vague and complex situations.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top