Director of Quality Engineering
Job TitleDirector of Quality Engineering
We welcome you to join Philips Ultrasound as an Director Quality Engineering in our Bothell, WA location
As The Director of Quality Engineering within Ultrasound, you will need to provide strategic and functional support to the quality organizations. Will you be able to provide management oversight and strategic direction for quality including: quality management system compliance, project quality assurance, product quality monitoring and improvement, and process improvement? Will you be able to provide leadership, vision, coaching, and mentoring for the Ultrasound quality organization? Are you up for the challenge? If so, apply now.
In this role, you will be working with our Ultrasound product line Philips Healthcare Ultrasound
You are responsible for
- Responsible for ensuring quality engineering for new product introductions.
- Develops, prepares and executes corporate and/or organizational Q&R policies and authorizes their implementation.
- Coordinates related activities throughout disciplines in order to make Ultrasound business a top-tier business in safety, compliance and sustainability.
- Develops, based upon detailed knowledge of the organization, innovative concepts and promoting new ideas.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas which requires in-depth Q&R knowledge, business strategies, and the company's goals.
- Develops territory plans and participates in strategic and tactical planning.
Interacts in- and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters.
- Manages the quality engineering team and guides the organization for strategic and tactical issues.
You are a part of
In today's challenging and changing healthcare environment, clinicians need every image to contribute to a confident diagnosis and every moment to matter in the clinical workflow.
Philips imaging ultrasound machines bring innovative solutions to clinical complexity while simplifying workflow. Our suite of Ultrasound systems Philips Healthcare Ultrasound is designed to meet the many unique challenges – you can make a difference in your new role every day.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline. An advanced degree in engineering or management is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive management experience in a responsible quality assurance role within a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in FDA QSR, ISO13485 and European Medical Device Directive/Regulation.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, interact and influence effectively at technical and management levels across functions, entities and external agencies.
- Proven leadership in formulating and implementing global strategies to ensure product quality and quality management system compliance with worldwide regulations.
- Ability to effectively implement continual improvement to increase efficiency and promote simplification while maintaining or increasing compliance.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and a highly collaborative style
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more about the testing process Ultrasound
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top