Director Group Strategy
Job TitleDirector Group Strategy
Are you a highly talented strategist, currently working for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, who can support the Philips Executive Committee to make decisions? This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy and growth in a leading Health Technology company.
As a Director in the Strategy team you will directly support and influence key decisions made at the highest level of the Philips organization.
As a Director Group Strategy you are responsible for:
- Initiating and driving strategy projects across all Philips’ businesses
- Managing working teams up as well as down and sideways (incl. stakeholders throughout the organization) and driving specific departmental initiatives
- Actively coaching and developing Group Strategy team members and spur them on in their professional development.
- Contributing to the formulation of actionable strategy recommendations
- Working with and presenting recommendations to audiences of senior management
- Facilitating strategy discussions in broader teams across businesses and functions
Responsibilities range from global projects at group level to high-impact projects within specific markets. Typical projects could be as broad as the evaluation of Philips’ global footprint in terms of value creation opportunities, the creation of a market entry strategy for kitchen appliances in the US, the identification and mapping of growth opportunities in the global Clinical Information market or a deep dive into the requirements to thrive in the Chinese market for Philips’ businesses.
Structured around 4 global hubs located in Amsterdam, Andover, Singapore and Shanghai, the Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies. The team works with Philips businesses, market organizations and functional teams, supplying them with deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership.
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually
Within Philips, the Strategy team is a proven landing spot for strategy consultants, and a stepping stone for future leaders. There is the opportunity to develop further within the strategy career track, but many predecessors have successfully moved into other areas of business – from general management to marketing, from Healthcare IT to Mother & Child Care. Projects form the ideal opportunity for members of the Strategy team to get to know the business better and vice versa.
The position is based in Amsterdam – A city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl/
We are looking for
A talented Group Strategy Director with:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a top tier Strategy Consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.) plus MBA from a top tier business school
- Or non-MBA candidates: minimum of 7 years Strategy Consulting experience alternatively, 8-12 years in New Business Development or strategy role for a top-tier international company
- International business experience (experience in emerging markets is a plus)
- Industry knowledge is considered an advantage
- A Master’s in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- A willingness to travel (25%)
- People skills as well as a results-driven attitude when managing project teams
If the challenge of influencing strategy and growth at Philips appeals to you, please contact our recruiter Linda Hoekstra-Baanstra at [email protected] who will provide you with more information and orient you towards the most suitable open positions.
Or apply online direct, via http://www.philips.com/careers. Choose job field: strategy/ corporate development. Choose location: Netherlands or other preferred location.
Pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Want to learn more about Philips Healthtech? Please have a look at https://vimeo.com/125862861
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top