Director - Gas Sensing Technologies
Director - Gas Sensing Technologies
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead innovation and direct a multi-disciplinary R&D team for the Respiratory Gas Sensing Technologies portion of the Hospital Respiratory Care (HRC) business.
You are responsible for
- Leading a R&D team of Systems, Software, Hardware, Optics and V&V engineering that delivers new products, sustaining engineering, and advanced development in emergency and acute care solutions.
- Working closely with the R&D leadership team to deliver quality, drive growth, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for successful new product introduction, launch, and maintenance through the entire product lifecycle.
- Defining technology and architectural roadmaps, in conjunction with Marketing and Clinical Affairs and HRC vision and strategy, by analyzing competition, user trends, and emerging technology to realize a robust product portfolio.
- Guiding and supporting Program/Project Managers by providing technical leadership and ensuring allocation of personnel to the projects to achieve operational plans and execution.
- Maintaining an environment of high expectations and accountability while driving functional excellence across all disciplines.
- Using appropriate personnel management practices to ensure an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment by motivating, challenging, and coaching team members for personal growth, entrepreneurship, and customer engagement.
- Working across functions and borders, cooperating with other leaders, programs, and related business units and groups. Establishes a network with worldwide leaders, relevant players, scientific relations outside of the department and with the business and actively leverages this network for technological developments, identifying trends, and augmenting skillsets.
You are a part of
As a key member of the leadership team, this role leads innovation for the Respiratory Gas Sensing Technologies group. This role sets the objectives, culture, and budget of a high performing team across multiple locations. Drives organic and inorganic advanced development and product development efforts to deliver extraordinary solutions with uncompromising quality from concept to commercial launch. This leader will challenge the team to continually grow capabilities and move quickly in the dynamic health technology market to build innovation as a strong competitive advantage. Uses the breadth and depth of the wider Philips organization by collaborating with the global Functions, Business Group leadership, and similar Business Units. Contributes to the long-term vision of the HRC Business Unit (BU) through supporting business development, M&A, and establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships for co-creation and product realization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's/MS/PhD degrees in Engineering or related field, or an MBA or clinical background in lieu of advanced Engineering degree(s).
- Minimum 12+ years of related technical management and design development experience in the medical device industry, with minimum 5 years at a Senior Mgmt level.
- Demonstrated track record of building and driving world-class teams for results to commitments in hardware, software, and systems engineering, in a highly regulated environment, from MDDS Software applications to Class III PMA medical devices.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in the design of medical systems. Knowledge and experience with a wide range of non-invasive gas sensing technologies (optical, thermal, pressure, ultrasonic) highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global quality and regulatory environment for medical devices including FDA CFR 21 part 820, EU MDD/MDR, IEC 60601-1, ISO 13485, and risk management requirements and development dependencies.
- Background working with partners in strategic sourcing and supplier quality.
- This position requires the proven ability to consistently meet and/or exceed goals.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and is capable of quickly earning trust and respect.
- Demonstrated record of decisiveness - an ability to act thoughtfully - and quickly.
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to build a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through impactful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in important ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top