Director, Financial Reporting Large Scale Projects
Job TitleDirector, Financial Reporting Large Scale Projects
Do you want to influence the future of Royal Philips and make a difference? Within this role you will be part of the transformation whereby Philips is entering into more long-term strategic partnerships (LSP). This position will be part of a dedicated team of financial experts that participate in and support the LSP Program Structure in establishing sound governance for LSPs. The position will support transaction deal teams during solution development and contracting phase with accounting guidance. The role entails mandatory approval of revenue accounting, lease accounting and asset derecognition accounting for large and complex hospital deals. Support internal control in adapting revenue related internal controls to reflect the change in nature and complexity of healthcare transactions. The position will support creating best practice customer solutions.
- Support transaction teams with accounting guidance during solution development and contract negotiation
- Accountable – We are accountable for appropriate financial reporting for LSPs, MES deals and relevant PPPs
- Monitor the quality – We will monitor the appropriate accounting and reporting in Philips of large hospital deals (LSP/MES/PPP) over the term of the contract
- Advise – We are a team of technical accounting advisors, with particular expertise in complex revenue recognition, asset derecognition and lease accounting
- Inform – We will inform on the accounting and external reporting implications relative to major transactions – to support decision-making and awareness
You will be part of a global team, part of the Accounting, Reporting and Internal Control (ARIC) organization, with a primary focus on North America and Latin America.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
We are looking for
For this position we are looking for a person that:
- Holds a bachelor or master in Finance / Accounting, preferably complemented with CPA qualification
- Has extensive and progressing finance experience (at least 10+ years), early career at a big-4 audit firm with subsequent business experience in a revenue recognition role
- Has extensive experience with Revenue Recognition, lease accounting and preferably also with asset transfers / asset derecognition
- Has the ability to interact with and influence executives and must be able to build a new function and embed that function in a changing organization
- Has experience in managing sensitive information in business environment
Is able to translate / explain highly complex accounting challenges in a simple manner
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top