Director, Federal Government Affairs
Job TitleDirector, Federal Government Affairs
The Director of Federal Government Affairs will pro-actively identify and execute on high priority public policies that affect Philips’ markets, finances, customers, regulatory environment and employees and drive the Philips strategy and engagement in response to those policies at the highest levels in the U.S. government in order to protect and advance the interests of Philips North America.
You will be responsible for
- Engage directly with Members of Congress, the White House, and government officials at healthcare-related Federal agencies to advance policies and issues that impact Philips North America.
- Identify, lead and drive public policy agenda in portfolio area.
- Manage day-to-day external stakeholder relationships in area portfolio to evaluate and contribute to public policy analysis and drive alignment with Philips policy priorities.
- Analyze Federal healthcare policies to educate and advise senior management, corporate communications, sales and marketing and product development staffs about new healthcare public policies and regulations and probable impact on Philips.
- Coordinate with market, business and functional organizations on the Philips responses, including meetings, teleconferences and written comments, to proposed rules and policies governing public policies affecting Philips’ products and services.
- Provide counsel and public policy analysis for existing products and services, research projects and products under development.
- Identify, manage and/or develop healthcare public policy communications tools including websites, written materials and presentations
- Team with the Philips US reimbursement and quality and regulatory functions to develop, coordinate and implement political and public policy strategies in support of reimbursement as needed.
- Lead, liaise with, develop, and/or support the informal network of opinion leaders from other health care business organizations; government and regulatory agencies; provider groups and hospital organizations; key professional associations; trade associations, and employer groups.
- Generate policy recommendations for consideration by Philips executive leadership that can form an advocacy agenda that can shape markets, improve the regulator environment, or in other ways leverage opportunities and mitigate risks to Philips’ business interests.
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and to fully exploit your talents. This role will be based in Washington, DC and comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are looking for
- Minimum of ten years in health public policy and advocacy role, preferably in the medical device industry. Strong imaging-related policy background highly desirable.
- Expert knowledge and experience in how the government works and the forces driving policy, regulations and legislation.
- Expert knowledge of the healthcare industry and policy.
- Solid knowledge of the types of products, services, solutions, businesses and strategies Philips offers or pursues.
- Demonstrated ability to establish solid working relationships across various internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of the reimbursement and payment systems affecting Philips Healthcare products and services with the understanding and ability to navigate these systems on behalf of Philips.
- Ability to manage health policy and other cross-functional staff
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
Do you want the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a global organization backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation? Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the [email protected] program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Take the next step in your career and apply online on our Philips Careers Website. Director of Federal Government Affairs. Job ID: 226312.
Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top