Director - Executive Communications Business Partner
Job TitleDirector - Executive Communications Business Partner
The Executive Communications Business Partner acts as communications counsel to board members, taking ownership of related integrated communications strategies & execution in close collaboration with the relevant communications teams (e.g. Group press office) – in order maximize impact of key executives and specific business areas to build, protect and promote the Philips brand. You'll play a vital role in helping to build the reputation of Philips as a leader in health technology.
In line with the broader communications strategy, the Business Partner builds key opinion leadership positions of executives with the aim to position them as experts and add value to Philips leadership in health technology, underpinning the company strategy via leadership. You'll be a great storyteller and be able to position complex topics in easily understood and compelling narratives.
You'll be responsible for developing a compelling and competitively differentiating story for Philip's businesses. You will also be tasked with building and activating an impactful integrated communications plan to drive thought leadership for the company and support the business in achieving its objectives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors/Master's degree in Communications or related area
- 8+ years of experience in communications, positioning senior executives as thought leaders for a commercial organization on topics related to business, environment, social issues.
- Experience managing global communications processes, as well as business and markets communications;
- Copywriting experience a must
- Proven expertise in building compelling business storylines
- Demonstrated track record in health technology communications in the B2B and B2G space
- Experience working with and managing relationships with key stakeholders, including executives, agencies, global media partners, publications and governmental and non-governmental organizations and platforms
- Demonstrable expertise elevating overall company and executive perception in new or adjacent industries
- Excellent communication skills; understanding of functional Communications best practice. Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a multifunctional team within a matrix organization
- Strong project management skills, strategic thinking ability as well as efficient execution
- Native-equivalent spoken and written English.
- Curiosity, energy and a pro-active approach
As an integral member of the Communications function, your main responsibilities as Business Partner are to:
- Leading internal and external reputation communications
- Liaising with Philips' Global Press Office and Content & Channels teams to ensure strategic announcements are effectively communicated both within and outside of the company.
- You are responsible for the development of an integrated communications plan, and ensuring that it is effectively activated globally, with a focus on the most strategically important markets.
- Taking a leading role in specific issues management, working closely with the relevant teams both within Group communications and outside (e.g. Legal, Quality & Regulatory; etc).
- Act as evangelist and subject-matter expert within and beyond Communications team.
- Create and drive integrated communications strategies for senior executives aimed at driving thought leadership, gaining mindshare and driving preference and familiarity with the Philips brand and businesses and extending Philips' leadership as a health technology company.
- Act as key Communications partner toward allocated senior executives, responsible for end-to-end delivery of communications needs. This can include thought leadership, speaker engagements, media, social, crisis, management and employee communications.
- Evaluate and prioritize key communications opportunities in line with the company's strategy. Plan to maximize value and impact. Work with markets to leverage exec through local events that support local business
- Coordinate & prepare internal leadership and employee focused communications (e.g. town halls, leadership events, etc.)
- Delivery of related Communications materials (working with internal content experts/agency)
- Ensure structural alignment of content, messaging, positioning plans for executive outreach across the communications ecosystem
- Contribute to integrated communications planning from executive positioning perspective
- Ensure a high quality of work according to brand guidelines, key messaging and team ambitions
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively within team and to stakeholders
You are a part of
The Business Group Communications dept. is a team of communication specialists who develop, lead and execute global Philips strategic communications planning and programs.
BG Communications is a sub-team of Philips Integrated Communications, which is part of the Philips Brand, Communications, Digital and Marketing function. The department fulfils a crucial role in the repositioning of Philips as a HealthTech leader, via effective, multi-channel communications strategies and thought leadership initiatives developed in close collaboration with brand, events, digital and marketing colleagues. You will have access to a small pool of resources as well as external communications agency partners who will support you with content creation, social media activation and employee channel management (eg Intranet, newsletters etc) and partner with your colleagues in the other Group communications functions on global activities.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top