Director Commodity Mgmt Injection Molding
Job TitleDirector Commodity Mgmt Injection Molding
Commodity Management is supplier focused and aligns the supply base with the business needs, at the best total cost to meet the defined requirements of a business or market. The Global Commodity Manager develops and deploys the Commodity strategy, and owns globally the performance of the Commodity, being fully accountable for Total Cost of Ownership including material costs, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and procurement information/data management. On the people management side, functionally managing relevant strategic buyers working closely with procurement engineers and relevant supplier quality managers. Also responsible for building supply market intelligence to support business decisions.
You will be responsible and accountable for the performance of the Global Injection Molding Commodity within the Mechanical Commodity Cluster for Health Systems. You will be driving the development and implementation of the global commodity strategy for Philips Health Systems. Driving BOM Savings to reduce product and service cost, improve long-term assurance of supply and improve supplier performance in support of margin and growth improvements for all Health Systems Businesses.
- Managing 300M€ spend with a worldwide located supply base (direct and tier2).
- You will define and deploy with your Commodity Team a 3 to 5 year Commodity Strategy.
- Manage material costs, R&D engagement and strategy alignment, long term security of supply, supplier performance, and establishing a preferred supply base
- Maintain industry/Material intelligence on technology trends, sourcing options, and the competitive landscape. Inform and advise relevant management about important trends in the supplier market.
- You will be accountable for cost down, quality and delivery performance of your supply base.
- Clarifying cost drivers, drive standardization where possible, drive manufacturing process changes and improvements
- Promote standardization, when and where possible
- Develop and maintain multiple supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated
- You will be functionally managing the Global Commodity Team for Injection Molding
- You will be responsible and accountable for the global Business balanced Scorecard for this Commodity, driving KPIs and priorities with your team and the Procurement Engineering teams of each Business.
The team is responsible and accountable for the Performance of the Injection Molding Supply base for Health Systems. You will be part of the Mechanical Cluster team, reporting directly to the Mechanical Commodity Cluster leader for Health Systems.
We are looking for
- Bachelor or Master degree (Engineering Degree also possible) A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in Commodity Management/Strategic Procurement
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions and organizations globally.
- Technical domain knowledge in Injection Molding is a big plus, the candidate need to be able to speak the “language” of R&D.
- Experience driving innovative supplier relationship management.
- Proven global skills. Experience in cross-cultural environment (projects, teams, management).
- Innovative thinker – able to quickly adapt to changing situations
- A strong ability to structure, organize several activities and initiatives globally.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to partner with the management team of the businesses, R&D, Procurement Engineering and Suppliers.
- Strong Ability with legal agreement negotiation and Familiarity and understanding of Legal matter
- Strategic thinking
- Proven skills to manage internal stakeholders in executive functions
- Entrepreneurial behavior and self-starter
- Willingness to support operational activities when required
- Experience or affinity within the Healthcare Environment is a plus
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Travel (globally) up to 30%
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top