Director, Clinical Affairs
Job TitleDirector, Clinical Affairs
As the Director, Clinical Development for Philips Volcano, you will lead the development and deliver evidence generation and dissemination strategies to support full product life cycle management for the peripheral product portfolio.
You and your team will interact with Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, other functions, along with clinical and scientific leaders, to provide and collect critical input for evidence dissemination and reporting for regulatory submissions, manuscript preparations, clinical evaluations and other deliverables related to the product lifecycle management.
Responsibilities – You and/or your team will:
- Provide clinical research strategies, evidence development plans and protocol development with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Health Economics, Regulatory and R&D.
- Provide data for dissemination to meet the needs for market registrations, clinical and product marketing and further device development.
- Lead a high-performing team to successfully drive these studies in accordance with appropriate quality standards including ICH/GCP, ISO and applicable FDA/global regulations along with company compliance requirements.
- Serve as group leader with product development and marketing leaders to set priorities.
- Provide input on strategic decisions and ensure clinical affairs representation in core team meetings and activities.
- Lead clinical scientific discussions with regulatory agencies, investigators and clinical thought leaders. Interact with Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, and other functions to provide and collect critical input for evidence dissemination and reporting for regulatory submissions, clinical evaluations and other deliverables related to the product lifecycle management.
- Leads and directs pre-market clinical affairs activities to ensure completion of all cross functional activities for product development activities. This includes pre-clinical studies, risk management implementation, new product development processes and design history file development as clinical affairs team members.
- Oversees design and implementation of preclinical studies for product development stage medical devices.
- Drives setting of team goals and milestones; monitors progress.
- Represents the study team and/or department during meetings with senior management, FDA, and other global regulatory authorities, business or functional groups.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, advanced or professional degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires 10+ years directly related experience in clinical/scientific experience including leadership or management role within device industry.
- Requires 5+ years’ experience in managing a clinical research functional team with proven track record in delivering complex clinical programs on time, within budget, and in compliance.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable clinical research regulations in multiple regions.
- Requires 5+ years’ experience in conducting preclinical studies with development-stage medical devices
- Experience interacting with top-level executives
- Knowledge and experience with FDA device regulations, writing FDA reports, medical device clinical trial practices, GCPs and elements of Informed Consent. In-depth knowledge of medical device development regulatory requirements needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and influence through direct and indirect resources to shape organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple studies, staff and company initiatives effectively.
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Develops and implements effective solutions to a variety of problems; ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives
- Experience with medical devices used in a catheterization lab
- Practical experience with clinical research studies, in the cardiovascular, peripheral vascular or electrophysiology medical device applications in a sponsor company, or equivalent.
- Lead and shape change in team settings.
- Will supervise exempt and nonexempt employees, with a variety of scientific backgrounds
- Participates in hiring, goal-setting, performance evaluations, termination, promotion and merit decisions.
- Travel 20-30% of the time to various customer and sponsor company locations, both domestically and internationally required
Location: San Diego, California
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top