Director, Business Development
Job TitleDirector, Business Development
This position is responsible for providing support and resources for business development activities for Philips Customer Service business unit. This includes supporting growth strategy goals and strategic initiatives.It is also directly responsible for participating in developing and executing the acquisition strategy for service and parts businesses.
Under the direction of the leader of Business Development, the Director of Business development is involved in strategic planning, operations planning and marketing development with key Customer Service executives, setting objectives and identifying methods to reach those goals. The Director of Business Development must be keenly aware of organizational growth initiatives related to regional markets and target customer segments, as well as the company's potential to meet customer needs with a product or service.
The director will develop questionnaires needed to evaluate a business opportunity when a "target" is identified for potential acquisition. Once new business has been secured, the business development director works with other department heads and staff to coordinate the transition/integrating strategy of the new company's service and/ or product/solution delivery.
- Minimum of 10+ years healthcare experience in financial, operational, or strategy (or a combination) experience at a management level
- Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, including contracting
- Strategic Planning and business development experience
- Business development in clinical service or operational service lines preferred
- Knowledge of technology and tools related to the management of large, complex solutions
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead individuals and teams through change.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or healthcare related field with strong quantitative orientation required
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Health Service Administration or other healthcare related field preferred
Key Areas of Responsibility [specify at least five most important responsibilities]
Competencies [specify the relevant competencies process (E2E), functional, leadership, etc.]
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the current developments in the business market space in order to assess the portion of the company and determine how to improve it.
- Be a key contributor to the Mergers and Acquisition strategy development, negotiation, due diligence, and integration for North America Service.
- Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs.
- Evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures.
- Improve the market position of the organization and help in every way to attain the desired financial growth
- Helps respond to RFPs and inquiries regarding growth opportunities
- Facilitates internal and external due diligence with the teams as appropriate for transactions related to acquisition or growth initiatives
- Works with internal and external stakeholders providing information needed for various transaction requirements
- Collaborates with consultants on various business development activities and initiatives
- Collaborates with marketing on pricing strategies and methodologies based on cost to serve analysis. Collaborates with legal on business development/transaction issues as needed
- Reviews various business development opportunities at the direction of the Senior Director of Business Development with Philips Leadership Team on various strategic initiatives.
- Participate in Customer Services strategy development
- Develop and evaluate key target list for Business Development
- Ability to create stellar business plans justifying growth initiatives related to organic or inorganic growth and corresponding capital dollars needed
- Outstanding business accumen
- Excellent analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent general communication skills, capable of interacting with various levels in an organization. Comfortable presenting to the C-Suite.
- Outstanding presentation skills, including the ability to create professional presentations that clearly convey the "ask" and be able to present to all levels of management
- Excellent capability to sell concepts and ideas
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top