Digital (Solutions) Product Researcher
Digital (Solutions) Product Researcher
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Digital Product Researcher represents the Voice in Philips Oral Healthcare Solutions Venture activities. You will drive the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight consumers and live up to Philips' brand promise of "Innovation & You". You bridge the technical and business worlds as you design Oral Healthcare solutions that will delight our consumers, dentists and business partners.
This position will focus on software and App Solutions development, creating new features and helping understand how we can improve our existing apps on the market by using consumer feedback acquired online and through research.
You are responsible for
Guiding products from conception, to launch, and post launch analyses phase.
- The Product Researcher works in product development projects, in your specific case, projects for Philips Oral Healthcare.
- You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, reasons to Believe and Claims Areas.
- You collaborate with Consumer Marketing and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into consumer insights. You lead the search for and validation of consumer insights in the area of global oral healthcare unmet needs - using all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods.
- For these Insights, you collaborate with the project team to identify and validate the detailed consumer needs and drivers for satisfaction.
- You contribute to the definition of product options based on in-depth understanding of these consumer needs.
- You translate sharply defined insights into clear technical product deliverables - going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing consumer needs.
- As a part of Venture team you will be responsible to lead agency work, collaboratively designing the best research and usability studies validating insights, concepts and solution propositions.
- You validate whether the end-product meets the consumer needs and insight and check that these are executed according to regulatory (FDA) guidelines.
- You will be responsible of driving multi eco-system solution validation such as insurance, dental professionals and other 3rd party partners.
- Designing complex national live pilots with A/B testing capabilities, real-time data analytics etc.
- Conceptual, data/details driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on
- Proven track record in developing and delivering value proposition (product and service/solutions) and scaling a product in a successful startups or corporate ventures set-up from the ground up.
- Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition through meaningful innovation.
You are a part of
A cross-functional team with influence that spans from Insight generation / concept development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D (Innovation and Development) and marketing.
Representing the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations are creating meaningful experiences in consumers' lives. Based on deep consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that delight consumers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Consumer Research, and minimum 3 years in Digital/App development preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting focusing on Digital and/or Connected Solutions
- Bachelor degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering) AND relevant experience in Consumer Research and / or Marketing in Digital domain
- OR Bachelor degree (in Social Sciences, Sensory Sciences or Market Research) relevant experience in Technology businesses as part of a product development team
- A proven track record in creating software UX and conducting research and usability testing of digital innovations and services. You have applied a range of research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each.
- Understanding of Agile way of working, software feature development (user stories and acceptance criteria), and using product analytics to improve existing features and create new features
- Experience in consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics
- In-depth understanding of the drivers of 'consumer delight' to support the development of the sub-category roadmaps
- Self-organizing, self-managed and independent contributor with strong bias for actions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities, prioritizes workload effectively and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial dynamic environment
- Goal oriented and passionate about achieving results by taking on the spot data driven decisions and make the needed trade-offs
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams e.g. engineering, operations, UX/UI design, developers, marketing and sales, to drive the development and validation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: an ability to explain at any given moment of time the tradeoffs and validation/research status and approach scenarios.
- Proven track record of regularly using A/B testing in consumer research and real-time pilots
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to represent the customer through meaningful innovation in the oral healthcare space.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 , option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top