DevOps Engineer, Windows HealthSuite Digital Platform (Cambridge, MA or Foster City, CA)
Job TitleDevOps Engineer, Windows HealthSuite Digital Platform (Cambridge, MA or Foster City, CA)
Why this role on this team?
You will be part of a highly skilled cloud operations team responsible for overall IaaS and PaaS management at a global scale. This pivotal role will provide you the opportunity to leverage your diverse IT background including Windows, scripting, security, networking and cloud knowledge to deliver our healthcare platform services to a broad set of internal and external customers. Take your technical skills to the next level working on diverse and complex technical challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment. As a part of this new organization you will have a unique opportunity to broaden your technical knowledge and problem solving skills while being at the forefront of healthcare innovation working on our advanced healthcare digital platform.
No other organization has the breadth and depth of the extended portfolio of health care solutions that Philips has across the entire health continuum, from the hospital into the home. Philips is uniquely positioned as a health technology leader. We’ve been doing this for over 100 years, and leading the confluence of clinical and informatics is in our DNA.
OVERARCHING PLATFORM STORY
What is the HealthSuite Digital Platform?
The HealthSuite Digital Platform is an open, cloud-based healthcare platform that will support data collection across the spectrum from clinical to consumer lifestyle, allowing for integration and analysis of ‘big’ data from multiple sources worldwide, including electronic medical records, diagnostic and treatment information, images, reports, notes, wearables and Philips connected consumer lifestyle products. The platform will utilize Philips’ clinical data models and medical device interoperability and is designed to be highly scalable with built-in comprehensive data security and privacy/permission control.
Why is the HealthSuite Digital Platform important?
The HealthSuite Digital Platform will enhance clinical decision making and care coordination (collaboration and workflow). It will allow caregivers to improve patient outcomes by allowing them to collaborate closely in support of their patients by enabling patients to take a more active role in managing their personal health across the ‘health continuum’ from self-care and prevention, to diagnosis and treatment through recovery and wellness. It also enables a vibrant ecosystem of third party created applications (via SDKs and API’s) to allow for open innovation in both clinical and consumer realms. This will support a patient-centric transformation of both professional healthcare delivery and continuous personal health.
- Deploy multiple digital propositions SaaS applications via automation & orchestration platforms.
- Handle the creating /patching and managing Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOS) operating systems.
- Creating / versioning / testing of scripts (Bash, PowerShell).
- Duties include automation of installation / configuration / management of Apache Tomcat, Solr Cloud, IIS, MySQL and SQL Server – J2EE and .NET applications in a secure deployment.
- Responsible in building / maintaining / updating the monitoring tools to monitor systems, applications, databases as well as business transactions.
- Lifecycle management of Windows systems in production public cloud environment.
- Oversee implementation /support and identity management, authentication, authorization, Token Services for federated single sign-on using technologies, such as SAML, OAuth, LDAP, Active Directory.
- Troubleshoot production SaaS events / issues, including cloud infrastructure and application components.
- Development Operations, provision, running scripts and performing UAT / validation testing on staging environments.
- Collaborate with Software Development to maintain test / staging / production environments to meet uptime, performance, cost, and security goals.
- Build and maintain enterprise monitoring platforms and scripts, including basic infrastructure checks and synthetic transactions.
- Deliver on S.L.A. to both internal and external customers.
We are looking for:
- Deployment and management of .NET based multi-tier application deployments on AWS cloud.
- Familiarity with RDBMS (MySQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL Database or related Technologies.
- Network experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and Web Application firewall.
- Familiarity with healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with AWS
- Technical curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS) in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred or equivalent experience with at least 10 years of experience working on a 24×7 Cloud or supporting large-scale SaaS production operations.
- Experience in deploying applications within a production cloud environment (AWS or similar).
- Understanding of network configuration (DNS, VPN, IP Proxy).
- Expertise with Windows systems administration
- Advanced Windows troubleshooting
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure & Application monitoring tools.
- Requires highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Use of PowerShell to perform day-to-day support functions and release management activities.
- Experience with information and application security including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials, and X.509 certificates.
- Expert level skills in managing Windows operating systems.
- Experience using and troubleshooting the following Technologies/Protocols:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 / 2005 /2008
- Server Operating Systems: / 2008
- TCP/IP networking
- Experience applying the following skill sets:
- SQL Query / Report Creation
- Power Shell Scripting
- Visual Basic Scripting
- Batch File Scripting
- MS Windows Server Installation / Operating system installation
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top